Chapter 34: Losing The Bet

Lila had been gone for almost two weeks, she missed london dearly. the cafe her and louis studied at, their flat, millie and issie, charlie, george, and even lulu though that dog had not taken a liking to her.

she missed the school even, being back home had been underwhelming to say the least.

almost the entire time she was back in LA, she stayed inside her house, enclosed in the four walled structure. it used to feel so familiar to her, so comfortable, not so much now that she had gotten accustomed to her room back in london. the room that was right across from Louis'.

the same boy who she hadn't stopped thinking about the moment her flight departed from its gate and set for california. the same boy she hadn't communicated with since due to their stupid bet, she was seriously regretting even making the bet now.

at times, lila had to place her phone out of her reach to keep herself from texting him. she wanted him to know she wasn't clingy, that she didn't care. even though she did care, a lot more than she should.

truthfully, she had hoped he would break after the first day, would text her telling her how much he missed her, how much he wanted to talk to her. but she also knew that was too much to ask of someone like louis.

they were close, but they probably wouldn't be if they didn't share a fucking house. to her he was her best friend, her favorite person, the person in the scenarios she fell asleep to.

if he did feel the same way about her, or liked her even remotely, he would probably show it. she didn't know him well enough to even begin to think he liked her back.

honestly lila fell way too hard, she always had since she was a kid. one celebrity crush after another, she learned her lesson. still, she's not sure if she's ever loved someone more than the idea of them.

that's why she's very hesitant and scared of actually being in a relationship, she's not too sure she trusts herself enough for that. she wouldn't even know what to do if she was ever even put in that situation.

she's not even sure if she would consider being in a relationship with louis, but that would be getting ahead of herself. because not only will that never happen, but there is a big chance he would not want that either.

for now having a crush on him is amusing enough. lila has always tried her best to have a crush on someone at all times, whether it's a celebrity or someone she actually knows, it makes life so much more exciting.

gives her butterflies and makes her feel things she likes. having a crush keeps her happy, gives her one more reason to wake up in the morning, it's just all sorts of drama and giddiness that she could never pass up.

she had already packed her suitcases away, most of the things in her room would stay here as she hadn't brought much from london.

she was propped up on a couch in the living room with a copy of The Song of Achilles in her hands. lila's mom was out at work like usual, she had left money on the counter in case lila wanted to order food, her appetite wasn't there currently so it sat there.

no one else was home of course, because it was just the two of them. as much as lila loved her mother and also hated when she left the house, she enjoyed the time she had to herself. able to take the whole house into her advantage, to feel alone is different when you're content with spending time by yourself. something lila had grown accustomed to as an only child who met her friends once a week.

she enjoyed socializing as much as the next guy, but her social battery ran out quite quickly and at random times at well. she could be having a blast and laughing one second, and the next be texting her mom to ask to be picked up.