Chapter 23: Movie Night

As soon as I landed, my face numb from the brisk London breeze outside, I texted my mom of my arrival. I could feel the redness spreading across my face from the coldness and laughed at the familiar feeling.

Louis would be picking me up from the airport, the rest of the family was busy with who knows what. I insisted on taking an uber because I didn't want to see him any sooner than I needed to, but he insisted on picking me up.

So when I saw him waiting outside in the family van, I simply acknowledged his existence and shoved the bags in the trunk.

Stepping into the front seat of the car, I nodded at him and he started driving. After about 30 minutes, Louis finally decided to speak.

"Listen. I'm sorry." Turning around at him, I was confused.

I didn't expect him to apologize, not in a million years.

"Mm. For what exactly?" My head was now leaning against the window, the cool glass pressed against my cheeks. My breath fogged the window up, so I drew a smiley face in the condensation.

"For being mean to you. Sam and Matthew were teasing me about you, saying I liked you and all that. And obviously I didn't but it was pestering me so I decided to be mean to you to satisfy them. And you didn't deserve that, so that's why I'm saying sorry now." He rambled on, turning the volume of the radio down till it was barely audible.

"Ok." I honestly didn't know what to say.

"Ok? That's all? Just 'ok'?" Now he was looking at me, averting his gaze every second to watch the road, observing my emotion.

"Ok, thanks for the apology bro!" I sarcastically braved my teeth in his face.

The rest of the drive was silent, once we got home I went straight up to my room. I felt at home, weirdly enough.

I popped into Millie's room, giving her a long hug. She told me she missed me and that made my heart happy.

I was lounging on my bed, scrolling through Instagram when I heard a knock on my door.

"Yeah? Millie I'll be in your room in five minutes for tutoring!" I shouted, wanting to relax a bit longer.

"It's me, Louis." What was he doing here?

"Oh, what's up?" He was standing in my room now, glancing around and observing the mess.

"Oh um, Millie and I were going to watch a film, and she wanted me to ask if you wished to join." Louis stuttered while talking to me, staring down at his feet.

"Uh yeah what movie?" I said, getting up to place my phone on the charger.

"Not sure, we can decide one we all like." And at that I followed him out the door and into the downstairs living room.

Snuggling in between Louis and Millie, I pulled the blanket up to my neck and rested my head in Millie's lap, my legs naturally finding their way to Louis' lap.

I felt him tense up, but he didn't move.

Louis had been searching through Netflix for a sad movie for an hour now, I kept suggesting we watch The Notebook but both of them continued to say no.

After a bit of arguing, we agreed to settle for The Notebook considering there was basically no other option.

"If either of you start crying, I'm moving to the other couch." He said jokingly, pointing to the one person couch next to us.

Millie and I glanced at each other and rolled our eyes at him in unison. Lou chuckled at this.

We began watching the movie, and I started tearing up after the first two scenes.

"Are you seriously already crying?" Said Louis, genuinely concerned for my well-being.

"Yes ok!! This movie makes me very very sad."

"Well then perhaps we should watch something else." He got up to grab the remote and I quickly pulled him down by the arm.

"Nope. We are watching this, it is final."

I hadn't even realizing I was still holding it two minutes later, and let go embarrassingly.

I'm not sure what happened after the movie ended, when the credits started rolling I broke out into a pit of hysterical sobs.

I was mostly crying because they showed the two reincarnated into birds and that broke me. I was so goddamn lonely.

I fell asleep on Louis' chest. His arms wrapped around me, feeling each other's warmth.

When I woke up the next morning, I slapped him awake. Millie must've gotten up and went to her room.

Murmuring, Louis rubbed his eyes open.

"What?!" His voice croaked because of how dehydrated he was.

"We fell asleep you idiot!" I got up, pushing the blanket off of me and going to the mirror to fix my appearance a bit.

Chuckling to himself, Louis started the conversation up again.
"HAHA you cried so much last night. It was quite a sight." He covered his mouth with a fist, smirking at me.

"Shut up. You are to forget seeing that and you are to forget it ever happened."

I went upstairs, leaving Louis to do whatever it is that Louis does. Going into Millie's room I checked to see if she was awake.

The girl was on her phone, she looked like she had been up for hours.
"So, how was cuddling with my brother last night? Did you two enjoy yourselves?" Spoke Millie, an eyebrow raised and smirking mischievously the same way her brother does.

"Oh please. We did not cuddle."

"Oh really?" Millie shoved her phone in my face, I find myself looking at a picture of Louis and I doing exactly what she said, cuddling.

"You better not let anyone see that young lady, I mean it!" I said, grabbing her phone and deleting the picture.

"Alright, alright! Now give it back!"
God, kids can be so immature.

zee speaks!
alright i really like this chapter but i want y'all to tell me if i'm rushing it at all, this was really just an insignificant moment in their friendship, i don't intend on getting them together anytime soon. for now they will remain friends um hehe 😜! tell me what u think! also i uploaded twice today even though i said i wasn't going to upload at ALL, so appreciate me please.