Chapter 29: The Last Churro

(Louis POV)

So, turns out Lila is an excellent ice skater. She can do spins and all sorts of tricks that I could only dream of. Unfortunately she forgot to mention this when we arrived, so while I was holding on to the edge of the rink for dear life, Millie making TikToks of her zooming around, Lila passed by me every now and then shooting me a boastful smile.

I was annoyed to say the very very least. Millie couldn't bother to keep me company, she was to busy eyeing this one kid her age who kept grinning at her when he passed by. Now normally, I'd storm over to her and tell the kid to fuck off.. but considering I could barely move, that wasn't my top priority at the moment.

A/N: im listening to one of louis' favorite songs while i write this omg did i mention his music taste is immaculate?? the song is called love my way by The Psychedelic Furs! im convinced he's a hopeless romantic based on these songs he likes, lulu is one lucky girl bruh.

Lila finally decided to come and give me a hand, gliding towards me I was afraid her small figure would collide right into mine but she was somehow able to stop herself a few feet away from me. Her face was only inches away from touching mine, I could feel her foggy breath on my face, her cheeks rosy with frost. Her gloved hands were on either sides of my head, pressed on the glass.

We stayed there for a moment or two, stunned and observing each other until a not so subtle cough was heard from Millie. She raised an eyebrow at us and Lila was quick to move away from me, her face was redder than before and I wasn't sure if it was from the cold or not.

"I think you could use my help Lou, that is if you're willing to take it?" She stood a couple feet away from me, holding her hand out for me to take and I quickly placed my hand in hers.

Dragging me out onto the ice, I wrapped an arm around Lila's waist for support. It was on instinct of course, but this time her body didn't tense and it was almost like my arm fit perfectly around the diameter of her figure.

Lila did her best to help me skate, of course I still fell and a couple times I even dragged her down with me. She'd land beside me and we'd both laugh so hard our stomachs would be in pain. Every time a chuckle escaped the girls lips, I caught myself staring at her as her whole complexion lit up, her lips cracked from the brisk air, fog releasing itself from her mouth, her eyes wrinkling at the sides and her face complete with joy.

It was a sight to see, even though she laughed like most people, something about it intrigued me more than it normally would. It even did that day I tickled her till she couldn't breathe, but then the feeling wasn't as intense. There was a feeling of emptiness in my stomach, but a good kind of emptiness. Almost queasy, but I didn't need to vomit or use the bathroom, I think.

After a few failed attempts at trying to balance on these damned ice skates, Lila and I gave up. We decided to take a break since we only had an hour till leaving for home. Millie came with us into the small cafe area outside the rink, she got a chocolate chip cookie, Lila got a hot chocolate, and I got churros. Mmm.. I love churros.

We sat down at a nearby table, Millie and I almost engulfing our snacks whole. I must've been eating quite eagerly because I could feel Lila's stare on my lips as I ate.

"Do I have something on my face?" I wiped my finger around my mouth, questioning Lila since I didn't have a mirror and my phone was in my pocket.

"Oh, erm.. nope. No food!" She took another sip of her hot chocolate, if I was her I would've burnt my tongue several times by now.. she must've had some sort of super power.

Raising my eyebrows and purposefully staring at her, I continued to munch on these delicious churros. That is until I went to reach for another, and Millie yanked it straight out of my hand that brat!

"Millie GIVE IT BACK!!" I reached over to her but she held the bloody thing just out of my reach.

"Nope. You've had enough! I want one." She went in for a bite and I lunged at her, people were staring at us and Lila was in a fit of laughs.

Then Millie began to run, so of course I chased her throughout the whole place. You'd think that since I'm much taller than her, that I'd easily be able to catch her but the girl was much faster than you'd assume.

I was nearly out of breath when we returned to the table, the churro hanging on by a thread in Millie's hands. I was just about to make my very last attempt at getting it back before she handed the thing to Lila.

I raised my eyebrows at her, Lila held in a laugh and she too began sprinting. As much as I didn't want to, I ran after her. Eventually I was able to catch her, gripping her waist from behind as she did her best to struggle out of my arms.

She was holding the churro as far up as she could, which happened to be the height of my mouth. Perfect. I turned so I was right in front of her, her face buried into my sweatshirt. She looked up trying to move the churro away from me but eventually I ate the damn thing.

All that, just for one churro? Yet somehow it wasn't a waste of time. My stomach turned when Lila was so close to me, hell it turned every time she was within walking distance. Like it was some sort of Lila detector.

I'm not exactly sure what it is? Maybe I'm allergic to her or something? But when I looked down at Lila, half my mouth tilted up in a smirk and a churro being devoured in my mouth, that same blush creeping onto my face, and the same queasy feeling appearing in my stomach..

I realized..

I ate way too many churros, what a bloody fool I am right??

zee speaks!

HAHAHHA U THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA SAY HE LIKED HER???? NOPE I WAS GONNA DO THAT BUT ITS TOO EASY !! YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT TILL SATURDAY FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER BCZ I AM TRAVELING TM AS U KNOW !! um yea hope u like this chapter lol im finally out of my rut so ill be updating more often, obviously not now bcz of vacation but u know what i mean! this is just a filler help.