Chapter 30: Only Maybe's

(Lila POV)
I would be leaving London today. Of course I was excited to be back home, it had been a few months since the last time I saw everyone. And by everyone I mean the two people I actually like, my mom and Mina. Dory and I were never gonna be friends again, not if I could help it. Why should I make an effort, when she clearly doesn't care.

The school had some stupid rule that boarding school students needed to arrive back before New Years Eve because school would start the next day. It's fine though, I didn't want to trouble my mom with celebrations. Plus, then I would be with Louis for the most romantic day of the year. Valentine's Day is stupid in my opinion, it doesn't have the same romance vibes.

My mom had plenty to stress about with that stupid dating app of hers, her previous boyfriend didn't work out. Turns out he had a huge obsession with hoarding and my mom likes everything neat and tidy, so clearly it wasn't a match. But she's obsessed with the damn thing, she's addicted to it like a drug.

My little crush on Louis had only grown in the past two weeks. Whether we were studying together in my room and I'd catch myself glancing at his chiseled face a little too long, or when we would brush our teeth together in the morning, or in french class seated next to him, you get the point. The point is I stared at him a lot, and I liked it too.

Louis and I decided that the whole family should exchange gifts today, at least between myself and the Partridges. They wouldn't give gifts to each other until actual Christmas obviously.

I couldn't wait to see the reaction on Louis' face when I gave him his gift, I just knew it would be priceless. Of course, his was the most meaningful and well thought out. Plus I genuinely wanted to know what he thought about it, I wanted to know if my gift was as well thought out. And I just knew my heart would leap with joy at his reaction.

We would be exchanging the gifts at 6 pm promptly, since I left early tomorrow morning. Louis asked if I wanted to come skating with him for the last time this year, obviously I said yes, wanting to spend every last moment with him.

I knew I was coming back, but my nature was to cry when I missed the ones I loved. And I honestly don't think I've ever felt such a strong connection to another person before, like he was drawing me to him with a magnetic pull.

A pull I couldn't resist no matter how hard I tried. We were leaving in an hour for the skate park. Taking the tube of course, because I loved it. California didn't really use trains, at least not in my area.

I was packing up my last few things, so I wouldn't have to put everything together last minute. I smiled at Louis' present pushing it to the very back of my closet, along with the rest of them. Sighing in satisfaction at the sight of my now stripped room, I sat down on my suitcase in a last attempt to zip the damn thing up.

Millie walked in just then, laughing at me.

"Shut up! This is the only way it'll close okay?" I breathlessly spoke, practically pushing my ass into the suitcase.

Millie walked into my room, glancing around and touching things. Observing everything. Then she turned to me, a bit teary eyed.

She was chewing on her thumb, her posture slouched and her eyes red.

I got up and ran over to her, why the hell was she crying?? Asking her what was wrong, Millie told me that she would miss me. This made my heart melt, I would miss her too.

We sat down on my bed and hugged, while I assured her everything would be fine. Of course because Louis just has to walk into my room every second of every day, and he chooses now.

"Hey guys!.. What's wrong my favorite ladies???" Louis rushed over us, engulfing us in a hug while he patted our backs. I felt his own tears drop onto my shoulder, his hands petting my hair so carefully like the strands would break with more pressure.

A while later, after we had all calmed down and dealt with the fact that I was leaving for 2 weeks, Louis and I got ready for the skate park.

I wore a casual outfit with my vans, grabbing my skateboard under the arm and quietly closing the door to my room. Louis' door was so closed, so I stood there waiting as I checked my phone.

Eventually he came out, giving me a small smile but one that never failed to make my heart rate increase drastically. Following behind him, and welcoming the cold air outside, we walked to the station.

This type of weather was what I enjoyed most, my hands were tingling and my face numb and red from the brisk weather. I repeatedly took deep breaths just to watch the fog escape my lips, so much so to the point where Louis turned around and asked me if I was alright.

Of course I responded with a hearty laugh, causing his confusion to greaten. But eventually he dropped it and we got on the tube.

I tried to take in everything, focusing on all my senses and burning the feelings and images of the things around me into my mind. I knew I would be back in just 2 weeks, but to me it felt like a lifetime away from the place I had grown to love the most.

We were all acting like I wasn't returning, because it felt that way. I never meant to get so attached to this place, I knew I would love it but not this much. I knew I loved him, but not this much.

Images of the boy flashed through my mind, all the times I took in his utter beauty, felt butterflies at the sound of his laugh, stared at his chiseled jawline wanting to see if it could cut stone. I liked him more than I realized before.

I thought this was just a silly crush, one that would disappear after a month or two. Maybe I would never forget him, but the feelings would never amount to anything. Sure I would admire him and never want to leave him, but that was just the feelings of a normal crush.

Maybe I was completely and utterly engulfed in the human being that was Louis Partridge. Maybe he was all I ever looked at, maybe I forgot all the French I had learned because of the distraction that was him chewing on his pen in the seat diagonally from me.

Maybe I LOVED him. Maybe I loved him more than the moon loves the stars. Maybe he was all I had left. Maybe he was the source of my laughter, of my rosy cheeks, of my wide smile.

But these are all only maybe's, right??

zee speaks!

hey um this chapter sucks ass and im sorry i didnt really know what i was doing! BUT I AM BACK BABYYYYY um yea i have school tomorrow so i AM going to kms. thats besides the point lol. this chapter is stupid ew i hate it bye. missed yall and cw to get back into the groove againnn. ALSO WHY IS THE WORD 'maybe' SPELT SO WEIRD?!??!? WHY DOES IT LOOK SOOOO WEIRD?!?!?