Chapter 19: You Fancy Her

(Louis' POV)

After posting for Issie's birthday, because she practically forced me to do so, I decided to get ready for the skate park. I would be meeting Sam, and our new friend Matthew. Matthew apparently has been skating for a while.

I do fall sometimes when attempting new tricks, and today I was going to learn how to do an ollie. I had sort of gotten the trick down, but I wanted to perfect it.

I returned to my room, glancing at Lila's open bedroom door. I wonder if she actually had occupations, or if she just didn't wish to spend time with me, not that I cared. It didn't matter to me how she spent her time. I was just trying to be nice, to be completely honest.

I carried a backpack over my shoulder, holding the strap with one hand. My skateboard tucked under my other arm, I was wearing a pair of sweatpants with my favorite brown crewneck on. Before leaving I found myself knocking on the half-open door to Lila's room. I did want to let her know I was leaving, since she'd be home alone until Millie arrived an hour later.

"Uhm, yea?" She said, glancing up from her notebook, a pen in her hand and her computer placed in front of her, the brightness practically blinding my eyes from the other side of the room.

"Uh yea, just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving for the skate park now. Won't be back till around 6 o'clock." I pointed my finger in her direction, smiling halfway.

"Oh, alright. Well have fun." She sucked her lips in, before nodding at me awkwardly.

"Ok, bye.. I guess." Muttering the end of my sentence, I closed the door behind me and was quickly on my way out.

...

Sam, Matthew and I all met up at the skate park, I greeted them with a short smile before we begun skating. We filmed videos of each other, to post later on, you know show off our skills?

I had been practicing my ollie for a while now, and was yet to perfect it, though I hadn't fallen hard yet. The boys laughed at me every time I failed at my attempt, and it made me become flustered, I wanted to prove them wrong more than anything.

So flustered as I was, and feeling the pressure of them watching, I attempted it yet again. This time, due to their eyes burning into the back of my head, I slid off the skateboard and landed right on my back, sliding down the ramp.

The boys were convieniently filming me at that time, almost expecting me to fail. They laughed, running over to help me up, to which I yanked my arm from their grasp. Getting up all on my own, and holding my back like a grandfather.

"I'm sure Lila would love to see this." Sam spoke, grinning at me while I glared at him as we walked to a bench nearby.

"What is that supposed to mean??" What I really wanted to do was ask them to not show it to her, she'd embarrass the bloody hell out of me and I'd never hear the end of it.

"Well... it's quite obvious that you fancy her, don't you Lou?" Now Matthew smirked at me, putting an emphasis on the nickname that only Lila and my family called me. I never had the heart to tell her this of course, because I quickly became fond of hearing my secretive nickname escape from her lips.

I rolled my eyes, letting out a large and annoyed sigh at the two buffoons. They loved teasing me, but I did not have any feelings toward Lila. In fact we had only recently went from enemies to somewhat friends.

"I don't like her."

"Alright, if you say so." I could hear the sarcastic tone in Sam's voice, and it angered me.

"I don't LIKE her, alright?! Now let it go will you?" I shouldn't have snapped like that, but they were getting on my nerves.

"Ooh! Look Sam, he's getting defensive." Matthew poked Sam in the shoulder, laughing at me.

I stood up quickly, and made my way out of the skate park, my face blood red. I could hear the boys coming after me, making attempts at an apology.

I'd show them how much I disliked Lila, if it was the last thing I did. I didn't have a crush on her, and if I wanted them to stop teasing me I needed to be more hostile to Lila.

Though it wouldn't exactly be difficult to do so, since things had been quite awkward between us lately anyways.

So that's what I did.

I returned home, slamming the door behind me before going upstairs. I went straight to my room, but was stopped by a cold hand grabbing my arm. I had a scowl on my face as I looked down to see who it was, of course it had to be Lila of all people.

"Hey you good? Why are you so angry? Did something happen?" She looked at my face, searching for answers that I did not intend on giving her.

"What's with all the questions? Don't you have any friends to bother?" Snatching my arm out of her grasp, I went to my room and slammed the door behind me, feeling slightly guilty.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that, too late now. I was too embarrassed to say sorry now. Maybe being mean to her was better for the both of us, getting close wouldn't end well.

zee speaks!!

hello so i wanted to credit @julespartridge for this chapter's concept! i was having a lot of trouble deciding on what I wanted to happen next so yea she helped me do this!! LOVE U JULES BABY, U TAKE TOO MANY NAPS FOR A NON-OLD PERSON THOUGH. AND YEAH LOLZZZZ it could've been longer but i wasnt sure how to end it lol.