Chapter 1: Winning The Raffle

"Lila, hurry up we're gonna be late!" My sister called for me from downstairs as I rushed to pull my pants up. I had slept past my alarm because I was up late last night researching London. I did it every year when the raffle came around, just in case. I grabbed my phone and slipped it into the back pocket of my jeans, the ones that fit snugly on me. I ran downstairs and ignored the annoyed look plastered on my sisters face before skipping to the car and grabbing a muffin for the way.

Once we got to school, May and I parted ways down separate ends of the school. I stopped by the office to slip my raffle ticket into a large green box with a slot in the top. And then I ran to class.

Finally lunch came around, I found Dory and Mina by their lockers and practically dragged them to the cafeteria. All three of us sat down at the table with our lunches, I had a good feeling about today.

"I don't know guys, I feel like this is the year I'll finally win. I mean, you all doubt me now but I'll be laughing when I'm being shipped off to London and you're sitting here crying over me." I spoke jokingly as they rolled their eyes at me..

"You say that EVERY year Lila. EVERY. YEAR."

"How would you know when you have short-term memory loss?" I loved making fun of Dory for her name and where it came from, when in reality she was named after her grandmother.

"Ha. Ha. So funny."

"No really, don't applaud, it's my pleasure!" I joked, placing a hand on my chest.

I don't know what it was about today but, I had a good feeling about the raffle.

Finally the school day ended, I was gathering my books from my locker and stuffing them into my backpack. It was quite full, so to say it was a struggle would be putting it lightly.

"Lila Shaw, please report to the Principal's Office. Lila Shaw, please report to the Principal's Office." The announcements were heard from the speaker, I raised an eyebrow because I was quite confused. I assumed that Mrs.Bailey had noticed the scratching on her desk from my nails, I did that when I got anxious. I was not in the mood to get in trouble, but I went anyways.

I got to the office and was welcomed by many smiling faces... I hadn't thought this many people would be happy to see me get in trouble but I ignored it.

"YOU WON THE RAFFLE LILA!!!! CONGRATULATIONS" Shouted the principal.

"Wh-wh-what??? What do you mean I 'won'??? Is this a joke, cause' its not that funny!"

"Nope, no jokes here Lila! You won the raffle for the exchange student program! You're gonna be an exchange student at any school in Europe!!!!"

I don't remember what happened after that, all the screaming kind of blurred my memory. I was happy to say the least, very very happy.

zee speaks !!
Hi please let me know what you guys think so far! Louis obviously hasn't been introduced into the story yet because I have to build up to that! I don't believe in rushing the plot because it can sometimes ruin the story! Please leave suggestions and feedback for me! Don't worry, she will meet Louis soon ;) and things between them will not kick off right away! I know Louis is a nice person but for the story I am gonna make him be a little mean to her and have them become enemies before developing into something more. Stay tuned !