Chapter 18: The Bruise

Weeks went by, and it was almost the end of November. Lila had not spoken to Dory since their short conversation in the groupchat, Dory hadn't apologized or reached out to her either.

She was confused, Dory had never been one to be judging of something like this, it was odd for sure. Mina had been a great friend, and they had started to talk more often.

Lila would rarely bring up the subject that was Dory, because it seemed as though Mina didn't want to talk about it.

Louis and Lila were sort of friends now, they'd go skating together, sometimes to the cafe. Their pranks occurred sometimes, small things like food dye in the toothpaste (that one had been Lila's doing. You should've seen Lou's face)!

She was somewhat content, better than before. The events of halloween started popping up in her mind less and less, the more time she spent with Louis, the better she got.

He gave off this energy, that was so captivating that it engulfed her into a pit of laughter. After getting home from spending time with Lou, her cheeks would ache from the cackling.

She was glad they weren't fighting anymore, they did still call each other names and tease quite often, but she liked it that way.

Unfortunately Mina and Dory wouldn't be able to come visit for a week, even though it was only Mina that she wanted to see.

Louis was also quite glad that they were getting along now, but he did enjoy the teasing a lot as well.

Louis spent his days avoiding Via, because he finally realized what an annoying person she was. Too clingy for his liking.

And him and Sam spent their days eating ice cream in downtown London after school, before Louis came home to check on Lila.

Sam still had a small crush on Lila, and was very jealous and a little rude towards Louis. How come he gets to spend so much time with her? It's like he's keeping her for himself.

Sam didn't like this, and even Louis had noticed the hostility he was receiving. But he chose to ignore it.

Right now, Lila and Louis were home alone. The family had gone out for dinner but neither Louis nor Lila wished to leave, their excuse was homework.

Thankfully the Partridges understood that something had happened with Lila, so they left her alone and never asked any questions. She appreciated that more than words could describe.

Lila was the type of person to want to solve everything herself, no help, no pity, no pestering questions. It's just how she rolled. Louis was the only exception of that, since that day where she told him everything, they hadn't spoken of the incident.

And she was also glad he hadn't brought it up, she was too embarrassed to speak of it.

"Lila, I'm going to shower and then meet Sam at the skate park. Will you be alright by yourself?"
Lou was standing in front of the bathroom door, a towel thrown over his shoulder. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and that was when she realized he had abs. Gorgeous, toned, abs.

Before he could catch her staring she told him that was fine, and he went back into the bathroom before she heard the sound of water pouring from the shower head.

She hadn't meant to stare, but why was she so ashamed to admit it?

Louis then left for the skate park leaving her all alone at home, she did a bit of homework. Studied for an upcoming quiz in English, and she waited for Louis to come so they could work on their Biology project together.

It was around 6 pm, just as Lila was heading to shower, when she heard the front door bust open.
This is where I die, hallelujah! KILL ME KILL ME NOW!

Lila was quite curious though, it could have been Louis after all, he hadn't returned home yet. So when she peeked down the stairs into the kitchen she saw a half naked Louis, with a large scratch on his upper abs. It was bleeding. And from the amount of times she saw him since, she could tell it was painful.

He tried cleaning the cut up himself but couldn't manage it, so she went downstairs, arms crossed and eyebrows raised disapprovingly, she couldn't let him see how concerned she really was.

"What. Happened. Louis. Partridge? Care to explain why there is a large bruise on your abs?"

"I have abs? Oh I didn't notice! Thank you for pointing that out, Lila." The sarcastic tone he used annoyed her, and his famous smirk was dancing across his lips while he taunted her. Rolling her eyes and sighing, she went and grabbed some disinfectant from the medicine cabinet.

"Sit there, and stay still." She pointed to the couch in the living room, he obliged and struggled his way there before plopping down onto the brown leather.

She carried the disinfectant over to him, two cotton balls occupied her hands as well. Louis didn't like disinfectant, it always burned.

Pouring the disinfectant onto the cotton ball, she gently swiped at the bruise, blood appearing on the white cotton.

Louis winced, scrunching his face up and sucking his breath in. She felt bad, she hated to see him in pain but if she didn't clean the cut, it could get infected.

So she continued to clean the cut, and after a bit Louis' whole chest was red. Lila got up to get some ice and a big bandage for him, and he suddenly missed the soothing feeling of her soft delicate hands.

The tension between them had been strong, neither of them speaking a word except for some heavy breaths.

Lila gave Louis the ice pack and bandage,
"Ok, you're all set Partridge." She said, waving at him awkwardly, before turning on her heel and going to her room.

Both of them were left quite startled, Louis continued to soothe the bruise he had gotten from skating. But now, he wasn't regretting the pain at all.

Lila collapsed on her bed, a thousand thoughts clouding her brain.
That was weird as hell. And awkward, but like for WHAT.

zee speaks!!
hi okay so i really love this chapter and yea so y'all are finally getting loula content HEHEHEHE sh!ty abt to go DOWNNNNN. anyways leave me ur thoughts! might update again today but idk if i'll do another written chapter, probs a social media. though i really wanna leave u on a cliffhanger hehe 😝😝 also INSPIRED BY AN IDEA THAT julespartridge gave me i love uuu