Chapter 26: Cookies

(Lila POV)

Saying bye to our French teacher, Louis and I walked side by side outside and into the halls.

I was holding onto my school bag, staring at my shoes. I had gotten used to the uniforms obviously, though I still wished they didn't exist.

Everyone else seemed used to it, but to me it felt too constricting. I wanted my creativity to be shown through the clothes I wore, and school just didn't give me the option to do that.

"So what are your plans for the weekend Lila? Because if you're planning to read all day in your room, I'll be very angry." Louis chuckled, looking my way.

"Nope. Totally not planning on doing that." The sarcastic tone in my voice was quite evident but I just winked at him on our way out.

The two of us took the tube home, laughing at the stupidest things. After getting back home, we slipped inside and wondered what to do.

Louis told me he hadn't made any plans yet, and frankly we weren't in the mood to watch another movie. So I decided that we should make cookies and get into the Christmas spirit, of course Louis argued with this and told me it was too early to start celebrating.

But considering there was absolutely nothing else that could occupy us, he agreed.

On my tiptoes I reached to the back of the kitchen cabinet, looking for the cookie mix.

"Hey Louis, can you do me a favor and get me a step stool?" I said, glancing over at him and pointing to it. He nodded and walked over to grab it for me, how gentlemanly of him.

He came over to me and slid the stool under my legs. Grabbing onto his shoulder, I hoisted myself onto the stool. I finally managed to grab the cookie mix, it looked like it hadn't been touched in ages.

I stepped down from the stool, smiling at Lou. His face was weirdly red and it kind of confused me, but whatever.

Louis cleared his throat and grabbed the box from me, pouring the powder into a large silver bowl. I scrunched my face up at his weird behavior, and starting putting the ingredients together.

I saw Louis' face get flushed quite a bit, and my face got red a bit throughout as well. I'd catch him glance at me every now and then, smiling to myself.

Sometimes I did the same without even realizing it, examining his face. The way his jawline became more defined whenever he laughed, how he bit and licked his lips, and how when he was thinking he'd make a really funny face that never failed to make me laugh.

The boy was truly a wonder. A wonder I was keen on discovering more about.

Once we put the cookies in the oven, both of us silently went into our rooms. I was re-reading the Harry Potter series and decided to continue where I left off until the cookies were done. I could hear Louis laughing in the room across from me, probably at some silly tiktok.

He told Sam and Matthew that the app was useless, and that he didn't have it. But I knew he did, I just didn't understand why he felt the need to hide it? I mean we ALL have it, we ALL laugh at it. Though I must agree it can be VERY cringey at times.

After the timer for the cookies went off on my phone, I folded the page of my book and put it away. I went to Louis' room to tell him they were ready and I found myself listening outside his door.

It appeared he was having a conversation, I couldn't make out who it was but.. it sounded like,

A girl.

zee speaks!

hello i fucking hate this chapter and i hate this book and what its become. it has no plot and i have absolutely no idea what im doing. i had no motivation to write this and while writing it honestly felt like a chore. i decided to copy jules and leave yall on a cliffhanger lol sucks to suck. um but yea this chapter sucks ass and i hate my life goodbye