Chapter 31: Too Real

lila and louis finally reached the skate park. lila could feel the silent tension between her and louis, but she wouldnt speak on it, not now.

they were both avoiding conversation, they didnt want to land on the topic of her leaving. of course both the teens were very much aware of her nearby departure, and they were even more aware of what that would mean for the two of them, neither lila nor louis wanted to say goodbye.

you see, to lila saying goodbye was hard. saying goodbye had always been big for her, even when she left for london it was difficult. as much as she hated her home, she had never been good at goodbyes.

one thing the girl had heard her whole life from her father was 'never say goodbye unless you're certain you won't see them again. never.' her dad was never particularly the wisest or smartest person, in fact he was always joking around.

A/N: hey um wait did her dad die or are her parents seperated cuz i lowkey forget lol???

so when he told her this, every time she left him for a friends house or whatever reason it was, it stuck with her. those words stuck with her, because well they were true. they were the truest words she had ever heard escape his lips. and her subconscious clearly wasn't willing to let that part of him go.

and so, that is why lila was particularly terrible at saying goodbye. you could say the two were being dramatic, considering they would only be away for 2 weeks and in actuality that isn't that much time but to them it was. lila and louis had been attached at the hip for the past two months, they did everything together.

the longest she had been away from him was for a week, and back then they werent as close as they are now.

louis obviously didn't think about things as deeply as the girl did, it's not like he wouldn't miss her, he would a lot. but he didn't know how to understand these feelings, if that was what you would even call them. the boy knew nothing when it came to emotions or feelings, he was terrible at consoling other people with anything other than jokes, and most of all he was terrible at consoling himself and understanding himself.

so that's why, the two of them continued to skate in silence. only glancing each other's way every few seconds and giving a thin-lipped smile. because to actually say anything, would be too real. the thought of her leaving, was too real for him.

and louis couldn't handle the reality, ever. especially when it came to lila.

zee speaks!

forget what i said in the chapter below, i hate this chapter SO MUCH LOL

hey so i know i said i would upload tm but i was randomly feeling motivation. and i think my break was VERY MUCH NEEDED. my writing has improved so much since i last uploaded (imo) and im more proud of this one piece then i am this book tbh. this is just a filler dw! i will be uploading a much more lengthy chapter for yall tm. but this is kinda just an insight on how theyre feeling and stuff hehe. idk why i dragged this out so long im sorry :( im v proud of this chapter and the way i described everything, i think im gonna start uploading in this style wayyyy more. so no more cap chapters, lol nope all lowercase here baby. anyways i missed yall a LOT please gimme ur thoughts MWAH.