Chapter 27: Christmas Shopping

(Lila POV)

Christmas was in three weeks. And Louis and I decided to go Christmas shopping at the mall together.

Now I know what you're thinking, Christmas shopping?? it's still November! And yeah honestly, you're right. But the thing is, I liked doing stuff ahead of time.

Plus I'd be busy for the next few weeks and being the procrastinator I was, I knew I'd end up shopping like the day before.

Plus I really didn't like being around large crowds of people, and shopping ahead of time allowed me to avoid that.

Louis only agreed to come with me because I practically begged him, plus Millie and Issie had hinted at me what they wanted, so I thought he could use the extra shopping too.

I was planning on getting presents for my family because obviously I'd be going home for Christmas, Dory wouldn't be getting a present but of course Mina would.

I also wanted to get a present for the Partridge family because of the unconditional kindness they had given me, it was the least I could do.

So that's why today, on this fine Sunday afternoon, Louis was banging on the door to the bathroom we still shared.

I wanted to look nice! Is that such a fucking crime? Louis' always on edge, so I wasn't exactly surprised at his yells from behind the door.

"Lila WILL YOU HURRY UP?! The mall closes in three hours!" He spoke, his fist slamming against the door.

"No.. your favorite donut shop closes in 30 minutes. You seriously think I didn't know that's the reason you're rushing me? I'm very observant, Partridge." I chuckled at the end of my sentence, neatly patting my freshly combed hair down.

I heard him sigh, and smiled to myself at that. Finally I opened the door, a grin spread across my face.

Louis was slouching on my bed, his hand holding his head and his elbow propped up.

"FINALLY! Ok now let's go get DONUTS!!!" The boy squealed with excitement, jumping up from his spot and doing a little dance as we walked to the car.

The small little things he did made me chuckle, a feeling of warmth in my stomach at the stupid feelings I had for the boy.

There was just something about him, something that completely and utterly fascinated me. I needed to comprehend these feelings, it didn't make sense to me.

Once we got to the mall, I sighed because of the satisfying feeling that surrounded me. There was something about malls, the people, the Christmas decorations in those big ass stores with literally everything in them.

I smirked at Louis, grabbing his hand unconsciously and regretting it in that second. I tensed up, wanting to let go but not before Louis held my hand tightly, squeezing it reassuringly.

I raised my eyebrow at this uncalled for behavior, but eventually decided to embrace it. I let go after like a minute because of how sweaty my hand got, it was embarrassing.

Once we reached the Neiman Marcus store, I jumped for joy.

"YAY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!" A giant Christmas tree stood in front of me, covered in ornaments of different colors, shapes, and sizes. It truly felt like Christmas for the first time in years.

Louis chuckled at me, standing far away as if to hide the fact that he knew me.

While we walked around the store, eyeing different things and making small conversation, a question popped in my head.

"Hey Lou?" He glanced towards me, holding a candy cane in his hand.

"Mm?"

"How are you going to handle celebrating Christmas without me?" Half of my mouth tilted upwards, an eyebrow raised.