Chapter 20: Surprise?!

(Lila POV)

Today was the day. I was finally going home to my family. I had missed them a lot more than I initially anticipated when I left for London. I couldn't wait to see them, and I was hoping to patch things up with Dory.

Of course they didn't know I was coming, so I was looking forward to surprising them. I worked at the cafe for a solid month in order to afford the tickets, but it would all be worth it in the end.

I longed to see the looks on everyone's faces when I turned up at their house. My flight left at 3 am, which meant I'd arrive in California at 6 am pst. I woke up early that morning, the smell of waffles filling my nose. I knocked on Louis' door because no matter our differences, I still had to say bye.

"Hey. What are you doing up?"

"Well my parents told me you were leaving."

"Oh well, I'm leaving in like 10 minutes.. so bye I guess." Our conversation was so awkward, and the tension in the air made it very unbreathable for me. I didn't give him a chance to say anything else, and I didn't think he was going to. So I went downstairs, ate waffles with the Partridges, give Millie a hug and Mr. and Mrs. Partridge a hug as well.

Then I was on my way, I ubered my way to the airport because I didn't want to bother the Partridges more than I already had, I insisted on them not waking up early for me but they did anyways.

I would miss them, they had been the only family to me for the past two months. Smiling the whole way to the airport, I sighed of satisfaction when sitting down at the gate. The flight was on time thankfully, and they were going to be starting to board soon.

I was flying economy obviously, because I didn't understand the appeal of spending more money just to be more comfortable when the flight would only be temporary. Plus I couldn't exactly afford first class.

I handed the lady my boarding pass and walked through a long hallway, gazing at the stars around me. I smiled at the families around me, all laughing. It reminded me of when dad was still around, he used to take us on his business trips.

I used to be apart of a family like that, all wearing matching clothes and being forced to take pictures by my mother in front of the weirdest places. I wished I could have that time back, I missed being young and carefree.

The flight was long and tiring, but I thankfully slept the whole way. I felt amazingly refreshed when we landed, I smiled at the thought of being home again. I couldn't wait to feel the comfort of my own bed again, the smell of my house.

It always amazed me how each house had their own scent, I could smell it on my friends and they could smell it on me. It was never a bad smell, just something that made you think, oh that smells like your house.

Anyways sorry for getting off track, here's my plan. I'm gonna take an uber to Dory and Mina's house. I told their mom I'd be coming and she said she wasn't gonna be home. I wanted to see them first because I didn't wanna wake my mom up early.

I already had a key to the front door so I quickly stepped inside, breathing in the familiar aroma. I missed this place, so much. I quietly pried my shoes off my feet, and placed my bag by the couch in the living room. It seemed to me that both of them were still asleep, thank god.

I wanted to go to Dory's room first, to make my best attempt at rekindling our friendship. Because as much as I didn't want to admit it, I missed her.

I could hear her snoring from behind the bedroom door, she didn't snore before. I guess a lot had changed since we last saw each other.

I opened the door, and walked up to her bed.

"WHAT THE FUCK DORY???!! MAX???!!! WAKE UP YOU LITTLE SHITS! NOW!?" Dory and Max were half naked in her bed, drooling on each other.

zee speaks!

short chapter cuz i wanted to leave yall on a cliffhanger ;o ehe. been losing more and more motivation to write :( i might start rushing this because they have YET to even get together and i lowkey want my loula ship to SAIL THROUGH THE WIND FOREVER AND EVER. ok yea uhm ill update tm hehe lol :(