Chapter 26; Pt.3

(Louis POV)

In french class I felt my gaze landing on Lila, no matter how hard I tried to turn away. I observed her facial features, her perfectly shaped nose, the one mole she had above her jawline.

Her nails were painted pink and purple, she liked keeping them short but I liked it better that way. I noticed how long her eyelashes looked from the side, and how she only had one earring in.

Her uniform skirt kept riding up, and she pulled it down a few times getting very annoyed. I watched her laugh when Madame Dupuy said something weird, and I observed as her whole face lit up and her eyes crinkled, her nose scrunched.

I didn't even know why I was watching, if I'm being honest. But there was something that kept drawing me back to her, I tried to look away, I did, but it was to no avail.

Madame even called me out in the middle of class, clearly noticing that I was distracted. It was really embarrassing. She had it out for me I swear.

After Lila and I took the tube home, she suggested we make cookies. And I was really reluctant to do so, because Christmas was still so far away. And I would have just gone up to my room and started my homework, but I felt myself wanting to spend more time with her.

She was trying to reach for the cookie mix, mum always kept it at the back of the cabinet. She didn't want Millie finding it, my sister had quite the sweet tooth. I was going to go over and help Lila, but she asked me to grab the step stool.

So I did, sliding it under her feet she held onto my shoulder as she stepped onto it.

Her bum was in my face, and she was wearing a skirt. And my face was practically under the damn thing. I don't think she noticed, or else she would've moved away from me.

I found my face burning hot as I tried to peel my eyes away, it was hard. But of course, I'm respectful. Still, we were so close to each other and it scared me. After she hopped down from the stool, she must've noticed the redness on my face because she looked concerned.

Before she could say anything, I snatched the cookie mix from her hand and started to aggressively pour it into the bowl. I could feel her eyes burning into the back of my skull, but I ignored it.

Hopefully the redness from my face had disappeared now.

After the mix was done, we put them into molds and shoved them into the oven. Lila put a timer on her phone for 30 minutes and I ran upstairs.

Closing my door lightly behind me, I jumped onto my bed and opened up my phone. Scrolling through Instagram, I got a FaceTime call from Via.

And because I had absolutely nothing else to do, I answered.

Her face came into view, it looked like she was laying in bed.

"Hello Lou!" I honestly cringed at the way she said my nickname, it was strictly reserved for family, with the acception of Lila of course. I didn't have the heart to tell Via this because I didn't want to come off as rude.

Lowering the volume of my phone, we began chatting. Mostly about school, surprisingly she didn't say anything too straightforward or possessive. It was very obvious to me that she had a crush on me, its not exactly like she made an effort to hide it!

And honestly, she was pretty fun to talk to. Maybe I could try being friends with her and take it from there.

zee speaks!!

hey lol u really thought we were done w via already???? nahhhhh . yall really thought id just add her in the beginning and make nothing of it?? hope ur happy xx i finally have an idea of whats to happen next in the story vjfbgjdbkjd uhm yeah feel free to yell at me <3 CONFLICT IS NECESSARY. IM KINDA MAD CUZ THIS BOOK HAS BEEN FULL OF ENDLESS CONFLICT AND LIKE NOTHING GOOD EVER hAPPENS BUT IM A NATURALLY BORN PESSIMIST !! LOVE U LOL