Chapter 32: Together

After Louis and Lila's silent skating endeavor, the two headed back to the cozy london flat awaiting them.

both lila and lou were anticipating the gift exchange that would soon occur, in actuality they were anxious about it. neither of them were entirely sure if their gifts for each other would be acceptable enough.

i mean, as much as they had convinced themselves that their gifts were top-notch, this didn't stop the doubts from entering their poor battered minds.

would lila like the gift? was it good enough? what if her gift was better and more expensive, then ill just look like a twat.

and of course lila thought the same about her gift, i mean she didnt wanna give louis too much credit where credit was yet to be due, but what if he truly had overstepped his game?

so when they got home, and millie answered the door to two sweating and nervous teenagers, she could barely hold in her laughter at the sight.

after about an hour into the grinch, louis, millie, lila, and issie were all called to the kitchen for cookies.

the partridges insisted on making christmas cookies for them all, considering lila would be leaving soon and would not experience the delicacy of them.

quickly decorating a few cookies each, lou of course messing his up greatly and causing everyone to laugh at him, they decided to open the presents.

this was the moment that they had all been waiting for. everyone huddled in the living room, looking eagerly at the christmas tree displayed in front of them, the presents almost glistening underneath.

millie went to grab a present but issie was quick to slap her hand away, followed by a 'don't be rude' glare to which millie huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

lila and louis sat right across from each other, the coffee table vacating the space between them. they both nervously smiled at each other quickly while crossing their fingers that they wouldnt have to go first.

luckily, millie volunteered to go first. the young girl wanted to get her present giving out of the way, so she would receive her own soon.

both lila and lou sighed in unison, relieved that some of the pressure was off.

first millie gifted her parents pillows with their initials on them, the partridges hugged the firm pillows to their chests and smiled at their daughter lovingly to which she proudly grinned back.

next, millie handed issie a square box covered in messy wrapping paper. issie rolled her eyes sarcastically before tearing it open to reveal a brown covered journal. the two hugged and whispered in each other's ears briefly.

millie then gave lila a pair of cozy pink earmuffs, with a matching pajama set and socks. louis muffled his laughter with his hand at the sight in front of him, lila glaring at him with annoyance. she then realized that millie had bought herself the same things, so they would be matching as well.

the two girls giggled at each other, the rest of the family observing their brief interaction. millie then mischievously handed her brother a package. lila knew millie was up to something just from the way she smiled at him, and the girl anticipated the opening of the suspicious gift.

louis slowly opened the present, aware of the not so sneaky lila hovering over his shoulder. inside the box, was one single condom.

a condom. a CONDOM. A CONDOM??? Both Lila and Louis' faces quickly turned a shade of bright red as millie burst out into laughter, unable to contain herself across the room.

louis looked like he was going to murder her. like actually, kill her. and lila honestly wanted to do the same.

"it's for you and lila! thought i might give you the push you so desperately need." millie breathlessly spoke in between her cackles. everyone else was curious at this point, trying to get a peek at the present that had left two people flustered, and one in a mess. of course louis and lila guarded it, not wanting to increase the humiliation they were already feeling.