Chapter 33: missing you

louis hadn't texted lila all. break. she had been gone for precisely 13 and a half days, and the boy sent no message, not a voicemail, or even a call.

lila would've been worried if it wasn't for the stupid bet they made.

i guess, lila had just hoped that he would miss her while she was away. i mean maybe that was a little too much to ask considering they're just roommates.

but due to her constantly developing feelings for the soft-haired british boy, it wasn't exactly unusual for her to think this way.

i mean sure they had that whole bet and all, to see who would text who first. to be honest, she didn't think he would take it seriously. she really just hoped that he couldn't last and would text her right away.

and yet nothing. it was clear he didn't like her.

after all, the entire trip while she was away, he was the only one occupying her thoughts.

at dinner, louis would say this chicken is ripe.

skating, louis would've fallen on that turn.

and even when she was with mina, she thought about what he would think of her.
when she got ready every morning, she made sure that he would like her outfit as if she was going to see him.

it was getting kind of weird. lila was uncomfortable with these feelings, all she wanted was for them to go away. but the more she wished this, the more she thought about how his hands would feel in her hair.

if his lips would be soft when they kissed, or rough from the lack of lip balm he used.

after all, she had never felt feelings for anyone before. unless you count her biology partner kevin, but even then.. they were barely even feelings.

she was really just in love with the idea of being with him. a nerd-to-nerd love story if you will.

but with louis, it was nothing like that. not at all. and that was what scared her, she couldn't tell if these feelings were real, she couldn't tell if any of it was real.

it just seemed like something that would never happen to her, maybe someone else, but not her. she wasn't like that. she was lila, top of her class, staying at home reading, awkward, lila.

and there was absolutely no way he liked her back. not only were there no signs, but even if he told her he did she wouldn't believe it.

lila didn't believe that anyone could ever be in love with her, consumed in her every being, it just seemed too good to be true. she wasn't irresistible like that, she wasn't likeable like that.

i mean, yeah, sure, she was attractive. gorgeous even, but she wasn't the type of girl to viral on the internet solely for her looks.

she actually had to put effort to look good, to look presentable to the male species, and even then she had never been kissed, or asked out.

there was one time where mina decided to host a boy-girl party at her house, and they all chose to play spin-the-bottle instead of monopoly.

god was on her side that day, and the bottle landed on lila and will. will wasn't the best-looking, most-attractive, and charming guy ever.

but 7th grade, pubescent, lonely, romantic, lila was desperate for her first kiss. she just wanted to get it over with.

so the two of them headed to the back of the basement, tucked underneath a desk. will fumbled with his glasses, and lila's nerves rose so high she swore he could hear her heartbeat.

and they both leaned in, neither of them sure how this was supposed to work. it looked so simple in the movies, but not so much in real life.

it was the most awkward kiss she ever had. so after that, lila decided to rule it out. it never happened, not to her. to lila, her first kiss was yet to occur.

of course she wanted it to be with louis. but how could he ever like her? lila loved herself about as much as any teenage girl can, but she still found herself unloveable.

in the midst of all these thoughts, lila was interrupted from staring blankly up at her ceiling, by a light knock on her door.

creaking open, stood her mother.

"Hey, how ya holding up?" the mom tilted her head concerningly at her daughter.

"I'm literally fine. I swear. I'm just tired and I miss London, now stop being dramatic." lila now sat up on the edge of her bed.

"Alright. Well tonight's your last day, do you wanna make some hot chocolate and watch a movie?" her mom said, closing the door slowly waiting for a response.

"Yeah sure. CAN WE WATCH PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER????" lila sprung up running to her mom.

"Again? Seriously?" she sounded defeated. she had grown tired of watching the same thing over and over again.

"It's my last day, pleaseeeee!" the girl now tugged on her mother's sleeve pleadingly.

her mom sighed, leaving the room quietly. this was also the way they agreed to things when they didn't want to.

...

lila and her mother spent that night bonding, watching the perks of being a wallflower, and drinking hot chocolate.

lila had left her phone upstairs, to make sure she wouldn't text louis and lose the bet.

little did she know that all the way on the other side of the world, he was waiting for his phone to ring.

zee speaks!

okay super short chapter haha sorry abt that. but i finally have motivation for this book again so i may start to upload more regularly!!! don't count on it though!! i hate this chapter so much but enjoy!