Chapter 1

Prologue

Why is this happening to me?

Baekhyun wondered while taking off his mask and plopping down on the couch of a completely unknown and dark house in Goyang. He stared at the ceiling fan that was not rotating because he was too afraid to turn it on incase he turns any light of the house on rather than turning the fan. He had made sure that there was no one in the house before entering but he still can't take risks of the neighbors seeing the lights suddenly turning on.

Baekhyun sighed. He has completed such a big heist in USA without any flaw. He had to work so much without sleeping, eating or resting properly. He returned to his homeland with such a big victory. All he wanted was to go back to his apartment and take a long and refreshing bath and sit in his air conditioned room while enjoying some delicious food and listening to some jazz music.

But as soon as he landed in Seoul after a long flight, the first news he heard was that the cops might be searching for him and he has to leave Seoul right away.

Now...how he got out of the airport that had such high security and was full with police officers and came out of Seoul to Goyang was a huge history. He ran, climbed walls, stole motorcycles, got on taxis, it was a whole shitshow. It was fortunate that it was night. Or God knows what would happen in broad daylight.

When he reached in a lonely and quiet suburban area of Goyang, it was 3 at night and he was tired as hell. His legs were giving out and he needed to sleep. If he doesn't sleep for any longer..he might actually go crazy.

That's how he got into this quiet house, using his skills to unlock the front door after checking that the rooms were empty. He was pretty sure the house was empty even after entering.

This is not the cleverest decision he has ever made, but for now this is the best option and he really needs his sleep. He is going to get out of this place before the sunrises.

Baekhyun closed his eyes, wanting to go to sleep. He is sleepy but the heat and his empty stomach is not letting him peacefully sleep. His stomach was grumbling. He stupidly skipped the airplane meal thinking he should keep his stomach empty cause as soon as he reaches Korea, he would eat authentic Korean food.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his foolishness and slowly got up. His destination was the refrigerator and it was hard to walk in the dark and while being this tired. But now all Baekhyun cared about was eating something and just going to sleep.

Baekhyun stumbled a few times in the dark but eventually reached to the refrigerator in the kitchen. Baekhyun smiled and held the handles of the refrigerators and was about to open it, but as soon as he touched to handles, all the lights of the house turned on.

Guess I'm busted.

Baekhyun sighed and turned around and he saw something he totally wasn't expecting. Deep down his heart he was probably expecting to see police or a scary owner of the house, but he saw a petite teenage girl standing while leaning against the wall of the kitchen. Her baggy pajamas, cute bob cut hair, big eyes, huge headphones around her neck made her look smaller and less of threat than she was.

But something about her felt weird from the get go. Baekhyun got a bad feeling about her as soon as he laid his eyes on her. Especially because she was not freaking out seeing an intruder in house like others.