Chapter 17

Jian and Jaemin had just returned home from the academy.

They were at school the whole day and then they had to go to study at the academy. And now they both just came home. Jaemin was sitting at the couch watching tv while Jian was washing up. Baekhyun saw Jaemin and how sad he looked, so he came and sat beside Jaemin and patted his shoulder.

His and Minhee's anniversary is the next day. Jaemin can't get into contact with Minhee. She won't return his calls, won't show up at school, her parents wouldn't let him enter the house. Today he didn't even have the plan on coming to Jian's house. He wanted to meet Minhee but her parents didn't let him in. So Jian saw this and dragged him in her house so he doesn't sulk alone. Jaemin has been sad the whole week and he doesn't even understand why she's so mad at him.

"Still can't get into contact with Minhee?" Baekhyun asked.

Jaemin nodded and sighed.

Baekhyun patted his back,"She'll come around, Jaemin."

"Well I hope so?"Jaemin said, sighed. Then he turned the tv off and looked at Baekhyun,"Hyung, tell me you must've had a lot of girlfriends. Did any of them get so angry when you missed one date?"

"Well..they weren't like her. And I wasn't as attached to them as you are. We were just dating casually but no..none of them got this angry. Jaemin-ah, listen, deep down in your heart, even you know that this just isn't it. You know you deserve better. You know this is toxic. Why are you still holding onto her like this? It's been only six months since you started dating."

"Hyung..I know but I love her. Isn't this enough of a reason to hold onto someone?"

"Not when they are bad for you and your mental health. Then never. Letting go is always better."

Jaemin sighed,"Let's not talk about it anymore hyung. I don't feel like talking about it."

Jian came out of the washroom, glanced at them and left. Something was on with her as well. Even she seemed a bit different but in a good way?

As soon as Jian entered her room Jaemin turned his body completely to Baekhyun and excitedly said while shaking his arms,"Hyung..something's up with Jiannie."

"Yeah I could tell..but what?"

"She might be developing a crush on someone."

Huh?

She what?

Must've heard wrong, right?

Baekhyun frowned not being able to believe his ears,"She what?"

Jaemin nodded,"Unbelievable, right? But it's true. She's totally developing a crush."

Baekhyun still didn't believe it,"How did you.."

"I'll tell you the whole thing. Listen up. This whole week during break time I used to go look for Minhee everywhere in school, and Jian used to go to the library. At first I though she's studying a lot suddenly so maybe that's why she is going there everyday. But no.. that's not the only reason!"

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

"She is always there with a guy. One of our seniors. Sitting side by side, talking, smiling, twirling her hair and what not."

"Impossible she isn't a girl who twirls her hai.."

"I know it sounds impossible but it's true. When I asked her what is going on with him..she said he is helping her with logarithm. I don't buy it."

"No, she can be there to get help with logarithm."

"Yeah, but everyday for a week? You know Jian is smart enough to get a hang of the whole concept of logarithm in just one session."