Chapter 20

"Is there any special reason as to who you are following me to school?"

Jian asked, very suspicious about why Baekhyun got up and ready so early in the morning to go 'on a walk' but all he's doing is following her to the school.

"I'm just on a walk and your school happened to be on my way!" Baekhyun smiled, knowing Jian didn't believe him but there's really nothing she could do about it. She just rolled her eyes and went back to checking her phone.

It's been a few days since Minhee and Jaemin had broken up. Jaemin went to his sister's house in Jeju for a week to disconnect and heal. Even though he portrayed himself as strong as he could, everyone knew how hard this break up was on him. So nobody stopped him.

Last night Jaemin had called up Baekhyun and told him that Mark gave Jaemin the news that Minhee has been actively trying to take revenge on Jian by trying to bully her with her gang because she thinks Jian is the reason for their break up. Minhee is having a hard time scaring Jian because Jian couldn't have cared less about this bullshit. But things are slowly getting dangerous and Minhee is getting angrier. Minhee might involve her male bully friends and they are infamous for being really dangerous. They might attack Jian and successfully harm her. Jaemin is scared for her. Mark said that he would try to be with Jian as long as she's out of the class in school. And in class she'd be in teachers' observation. Jaemin is worried about when she is gonna be on her way to school or on her way back. They might attack her on the way. That's why he asked Baekhyun to try to drop and pick her up from school as long as he's not here. Baekhyun agreed and that explains why he's here.

Baekhyun was stopped by Jian when they were in front of the huge school gate. He was going to follow her to the classroom but she turned around, looked up from her phone and said,"I don't think you were trying to take a walk in my school. Bye!"

"I will leave after dropping you inside,"Baekhyun said casually.

"Baekhyun, parents aren't allowed in this early in the morning," Jian said and smirked.

Baekhyun widened his eyes,"PARENTS? What the fuck? I definitely look like one of your classmates after that hella skincare I did. No one would suspect a thing. Come on.."

Baekhyun was right. He looks way younger by the way he dressed up in the morning and styled his hair and wore huge Harry Potter glasses. He may even pass as one of her classmates.

"Baekhyun. You are not in an uniform, and I can guess why you're doing this. You really don't need to. I can protect myself."

"Yeah I know but.."

"No buts..go home and relax. I will be okay. Bye,"Jian said and pushed Baekhyun's shoulder lightly before going inside the school gates.

Baekhyun sighed and was about to turn back to leave but then he saw something disturbing. He saw a bunch of boys, probably five or six, barricading Jian and saying something. They definitely are the bullies. All the other students saw what was happening but walked by without doing anything. No teacher was around. Baekhyun's blood was boiling with anger. He ran to the school gate and was about to enter but the guard stopped him saying,"Student, you can't enter without an uniform."

At this point the boys had escorted Jian away from the crowd and took her to the back of the school. Baekhyun ran and got over the boundary wall and hid in the bushes at the back of the school where Jian was standing in front of the guys and they were still talking. There were no other people around. Baekhyun was contemplating whether to jump to rescue right now or to wait for a few minutes to feel where things are going. If he listened carefully he could hear their conversation.

The seemingly leader of the gang said,"So, I heard you made Seo Minhee break up with her boyfriend?"

"Uh Huh?"Jian said, uninterested and unamused.