Chapter 10

Baekhyun was peacefully watching television in the living room when the doorbell rang.

It was almost time of Jian's arrival from school but it wasn't her. She wouldn't ring the door bell. So Baekhyun curiously went to see who was at the door.

Apparently a courier came from America. Baekhyun checked correctly to see if it who it was from. Seems like it was from Jian's parents. So Baekhyun signed the delivery man's paper and brought the huge box inside of the house.

"Who was it, Baekhyun?"Grandma asked coming out of her room and saw Baekhyun dragging the huge box in,"What is that?"

"Grandma, seems like Jian's parents sent these,"Baekhyun said and looked to see grandma and saw her face turn visibly turn pale. Baekhyun got concerned,"Are you okay? Do you feel sick?"

Grandma shook her head,"Let's open this up before Jian comes."

Baekhyun really didn't know what would mean if Jian saw it but he obliged and brought scissors from the kitchen to cut the tape. A letter fell out from the box and inside the brown wrapping paper, there was a huge box of the latest play station aka play station 5.

Baekhyun smiled,"Grandma, this is the station Jian wanted. She's gonna be really happy when she sees this."

Grandma didn't reply to that. She still looked pale,"Baekhyun-ah, can you read me the letter?"

Baekhyun picked up the letter, it said 'To Jian' in bold writing,"It's for Jian, she wouldn't be too happy to know that we read her letter.."

"It's gonna be okay, so please read it. Sorry for asking, I wish my vision was a bit better.."

"Oh no, grandma it's completely fine. I will read it," Baekhyun said and opened the letter and read the letter word by word.

Dear Jian,

We are sending you a gift for your amazing mid term results. I am so sorry that it took so long, but you do know how busy I am, right? And it's nice to see the complaints have stopped coming from your school. It's amazing that you are slowly getting back to your senses. Keep that up. It's your life, there's no point of living in the past and ruining your life. Remember your goals and start trying your best to achieve them. Give mom my best regards.

Your dad.

After Baekhyun finished reading grandma cursed under her breath,"That heartless jerk. It's getting harder for me to believe that I gave birth to him."

Baekhyun didn't say anything. Grandma looked at the clock and panicked,"Oh my God, Jian is going to be back any second now. Baekhyun-ah, can you help me hide these in my roo..?"

Before they could finish they heard the pin of the door being pressed, indicating Jian was back from school.

"Quick, quick!"Grandma panicked.

Baekhyun didn't think twice before grabbing the huge and heavy box of ps5 and ran into grandma's room and then kept it on the floor and the letter on top of it. He was able to come out and lock the door behind him just before Jian came in.

After Jian got in she saw her grandma and Baekhyun standing in front of her room suspiciously.

"Is something wrong?"Jian asked while untying her shoe.

"No, nothing is up,"Grandma gave the fakest smile Baekhyun had ever seen,"So how was school?"

"Annoying,"Jian replied and got in the living room and glanced at the two of them,"Y'all are hiding something from me, aren't you?"