Chapter 13

"I'm so so ready for this!"

Baekhyun said while smirking and looking at the white board where he planned about his next mission. Taehyung had sent him all the information about his target. Everything. She's being kept an eye on by one of their gang members. Baekhyun's job is to sneakily replace her rare and expensive emerald ring with a fake one.

Lee Miri, that was the name of his target. She is engaged to one of the richest businessmen in Korea. When they got engaged he proposed with this beautiful emerald ring. It's their family heirloom, passed onto them by generations. The value of the emerald would stand at millions at this time and age.

Being loved by such a rich person who gives you their family heirloom should be enough to keep anyone loyal to him. But apparently not Miri, she was the definition of a gold digger who was still going behind his back, abusing drugs, doing all sort of illegal activities and cheating on him. She is pretty sneaky about it. She doesn't do any of that in Seoul. She chooses to sneak out at night and come to small towns where no one knows her and has her fun there.

A small and really shady club at Goyang named 'Club Inje' is one of her favorite places to come. A lot of illegal stuff happens at this very club. They apparently don't even check ids properly. She brings two bodyguards along with her so even if she loses herself, still no one can steal her emerald ring. That isn't too necessary because in small towns like this no one cares that much about jewelry, no one recognizes her so no one notices how expensive her ring is. They think of it like any other normal ring.

Baekhyun brainstormed for a few days and made a plan. He got news that Miri is going to come to the club at Goyang this week. This is his chance. His gang leader Yunho called him and told him to get the ring by the end of the week without creating too much buzz about it because Baekhyun is still in danger of getting caught.

Baekhyun came up with a perfect plan. He told Taehyung to get someone to make a perfect replica of the ring so that no one notices the changes easily. Getting it made perfect wasn't easy, but after a few trial and errors their craftsman managed to make a perfect replica and Taehyung delivered it to him. That night Baekhyun would go to the club, seduce her, take her to a hotel of something, spike her drink, exchange her ring and then leave the next morning to not seem suspicious.

This isn't normally Baekhyun's style. He wants people to know when he successfully steals something but with this, people wouldn't know the real ring is stolen for a long time, at least until the color starts fading on the fake ring. But Baekhyun is playing it safe this time.

The only dangerous thing about this mission is that his face would be showing. Aside from that it is probably the easiest mission ever. Lee Miri's infidelity and characteristic problems are making this mission a cake walk for Baekhyun. But still Baekhyun is really excited to execute this mission. He is confident that this would be a success.

Baekhyun quickly turned the white board over when he heard a knock at his door.

"Come in!" Baekhyun shouted while sitting on his bed.

Jian opened the door and peaked inside,"I'm going to the grocery store. Do you need anything?"

Baekhyun smiled,"No."

Jian frowned,"Your smile is creeping me out,"she paused,"Did something good happen?"

"Probably?"Baekhyun smiled again.

"Okay,"Jian rolled her eyes and was about to close the door and leave.

Baekhyun was a bit disappointed that Jian didn't ask further. He was excited to tell her that he has a mission. He wouldn't tell her the details but he wanted her to know that he isn't what she thinks he is. He isn't that uncool boomer that she always calls him.