Chapter 22

Times started flying quickly.

Days started to turn into months. Months also started passing by quickly. The rainy season turned into winter. Bonds grew stronger. People got more attached to each other.

Jian overcame that rainy season without any trouble, of course with the help of Baekhyun. Jian had as promised aced her finals. They had gotten into their senior and last year of higher school and spent almost half of it nicely. Jian and Jaemin were studying hard to get into a good college. Jian's grandma couldn't be more proud.

The group of five, Jian, Baekhyun, Jaemin, Chenle and Taehyung grew closer than ever. They spent Christmas together, spent the first snow together, went shopping, played games, bickered, watched movies, had game nights, did so much together.

Baekhyun was also doing small missions. Those were definitely not on his level but he needed to do something at least.

Everything was going so well until after Christmas. And as soon as Christmas left a sudden news came.

On the cold night before New Year's Eve Jian was sleeping in her bedroom with layers of blankets on her. She woke up by the sudden knock on her door and Baekhyun calling her from outside,"Jian-ah, get up!"

Jian was confused and looked at the clock. It was 1 am in a cold ass night in the end of December. What could Baekhyun possibly want now?

Jian sighed and opened the door to be face to face with Baekhyun who didn't look sleepy at all. He looked rather excited?

Jian was confused. And the thing he said next made her even more confused.

"You wanna go steal Minhee's designer handbag?"Baekhyun asked, excitedly.

"What.."

"Didn't you say you wanted to teach Minhee a lesson after what she's done to Jaemin? And she even sent bullies after you. Trust me now is the perfect time, literally no one would suspect us! And isn't this an amazing and super cool way to end the year?"

Jian was getting more and more confused.

"Come on, we don't have much time,"He then handed her a pair of gloves,"Wash your face, wear these, wear a padded coat and come out. Quickly!"

As Jian washed her face, reality was starting to sink in. She did tell Baekhyun that she wanted to steal Minhee's bag and that would teach her a lesson. Jian still feels the same. But she is kinda scared as well. But she is excited too. She is feeling all sorts of things. Both good and bad.

It feels like she's going on a big mission with the one and only Night Rain.

As she wore the gloves Baekhyun gave her and her padded coat and stepped outside she saw Baekhyun blowing air out of his mouth. He smiled when he saw Jian.

"Tonight I'm gonna show you that stealing is an art. Not everyone can do that."

Jian felt an adrenaline rush inside of her. She was ready.

Is this what Baekhyun feels in all of his missions?

"Weren't you telling me how you were going to show me that stealing is an art? Is this art?"Jian asked completely unamused,"Climbing pipes?"

Currently they were in Minhee's backyard and were standing in-front of a pipe leading to Minhee's bathroom. Baekhyun claims that they would have to climb it to go up and while coming out they have to climb down. He has taken this decision after observing Minhee's family for long and apparently it's the safest way.

"Can we just not take the door? I know the pass.."

"Her dad sometimes falls asleep in the living room? What if he hears us coming in? You and me both will have to spend New Years in prison,"Baekhyun said,"Now stop being a whiny little brat and climb it."