Chapter 8

Getting information out of Jaemin wasn't as easy as Baekhyun had initially thought.

Jaemin was an interesting character. He was a lot like Baekhyun. Hyper, energetic, friendly. But Jaemin surely has some weird traits. He is surely stalling as much as time as possible and not talking about the topic they are supposed to talk about as much as he can. He is doing this intentionally and knowingly.

It has been over thirty minutes since Baekhyun and Jaemin came into the cafe Jaemin selected for them to meet. Jaemin wouldn't let Baekhyun leave whenever he tried to. Jaemin has talked about over twelve totally irrelevant topics and stories, while drinking his americano with four shots.

Well that explains his how he is so energetic all the damn time.

Whenever Baekhyun tries to ask his about Jian and what he meant the last day he told Baekhyun to keep an eye on her otherwise something bad would happen, he changes the subject. Baekhyun studied his gestures, ways of talking and understands that Jaemin is hesitating to tell Baekhyun anything. He seems to even regret telling Baekhyun anything the last day.

But Baekhyun is not going to move from here without getting the truth from him. He needs to know why he said that, his curiosity has been killing him. There might also be a chance that Jaemin was joking. In that case Baekhyun just quickly wants to get out of here.

"...that's how me and my friend Jeno got grounded.."Jaemin said laughing.

The clock showed that it had been exactly forty five minutes since he's been here, he had no more interest in Jaemin's stories and he had no patience left.

He stared at Jaemin's eyes and said,"Look Jaemin, it's all fun and cool and all..so when are you gonna talk about what we really are here for? I know that you're hesitating but this has just become annoying. I would rather ask Jian about what all this is about than.."

"NO!!"Jaemin shouted, shocking and receiving looks from everyone at the cafe. He smiled politely at them, indicating that everything was fine and saying sorry. Then he looked at Baekhyun and said,"Hyung! You can never tell Jian this! Ever! It's gonna cause a huge mess."

"So how about not wasting my time and telling me what the actually heck you were talking about."

"Hyung..you see.."Jaemin said,"Jian..isn't as normal as she looks.."

Baekhyun nodded. He knows.

Not everyone pulls a stunt like she pulled the first time we met.

Out of everything she might be..she definitely isn't normal.

"Well..is this why you called me here for? I know she isn't normal. I think everyone that has spent over five minutes with her knows..so I am going home now..you pay the bill for wasting my time!" Baekhyun said and was about to get up when Jaemin suddenly turned serious and said something that made Baekhyun sit back down.

"Jian has a past trauma with rain. So whenever rainy seasons come, it's better to be cautious around her."

Baekhyun looked at him. He looked awfully serious. No sight of joke.

Baekhyun went deep in thought. Trauma with rain? Be cautious around her?

A thought hit Baekhyun's mind like a lightning and terrified him for a moment there. He gulped before asking Jaemin.

"She isn't some psychopath serial killer that goes around killing people when it rains, is she?"

Please say no. Please say no. PLEASE.