Chapter 11

"Jian, you aren't cleaning the windows properly!"

Baekhyun shouted from the couch while Jian was cleaning the living room windows as her punishment that her grandma gave her due to causing a huge scene in the school yesterday and getting expelled. She would have to clean the whole house and make it spotless. She would have different punishments for the three different days and Baekhyun is left to watch over her and makes sure she does her job well as grandma is busy today.

It would be lie if Baekhyun said he isn't enjoying this even though a part of him feels bad for her.

Jian threw the cleaning cloth away and turned to him to say,"It's not even that deep, why're you so pressed? You're totally enjoying this, aren't you?"

"I'm given a job and I'm doing it," Baekhyun said while smiling,"Go back to cleaning the window."

Jian rolled her eyes and went back to wiping the window aggressively. It was funny to see her wear pink cleaning gloves and wipe the heck out of that window while mumbling curse words under her breath.

That's when the house phone rang. Both of them heard it but they didn't pick up. It must be her dad who has been calling continuously since yesterday to scold her for doing what she did yesterday. Even her step mom called a few times. Jian wanted to stress them out, her mission was successful. That's why she was contented. Yesterday after Jian and grandma talked to him on the few calls, Jian heard an hour long lecture on good behavior, they both decided that there's no point of picking up any more calls, because he keeps repeating the same stuff over and over again.

Yesterday was the day Baekhyun had learnt that Jian's biological mom had passed away when she was only seven. Baekhyun got to know about that through Taehyung, whom he had asked to tell him every detail he could find out about Jian and her family yesterday after Jian and his conversation at the hallway of the school. Taehyung said he had a lot more to say that he couldn't last night, he said he would soon give all the information he has on Jian. Baekhyun wants to know all he can, and help Jian who is portraying herself as an emotionless, rebellious and hateful, nightmare teenager. But Baekhyun thinks she's much more than that.

"Of course, today is the day when motherfreaking Jaemin decides to not come here. Other days he technically lives here. I even messaged him to get his ass over here, but he be busy hanging out with his friends rather than help me,"Jian was ranting under her breath with Baekhyun found amusing. He was trying his best to hold back his laughter.

As soon as she finished saying all that Jaemin entered the house and ran straight to Jian,"Oh my God, Jian. Look at you. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this."

Jian looked at him and said,"If you're so sorry then why don't you help me, You late ass bi.."Jian said while throwing a duster at him.

"Sure, I will,"Jaemin grabbed the duster and got ready to clean the windows along with her,"I am always ready to help!"

Jian rolled her eyes,"Then get to work."

Jaemin took the duster and was about to get to clean the windows to save his best friend but Baekhyun quickly ran to him and smacked his hand making him drop the duster,"Don't you dare help her, Na Jaemin. It's her punishment, not yours. So get your charitable ass out of here."

"But hyung.."

"Byun Baekhyun, you are being too much!" Jian said,"Not you being unnecessarily a freaking bi.."

"Enough, Jung Jian..you're the one that's in trouble here and needs to learn a goddamn lesson. If you didn't do all that yesterday, I wouldn't be bossing you around right now, would I?"