Chapter 24

Baekhyun stayed back at Jian's house that night.

Grandma wouldn't let him go so easily especially after he's back after so long. Baekhyun didn't protest. He washed up and went to sleep in his room. The next morning as he came downstairs for breakfast, he saw grandma cooking breakfast for them with so much joy. Jian was also in the kitchen and she said that it's been awhile since grandma has looked so energetic and happy. She even sulked about it saying how grandma must've loved Baekhyun more than her. Jian didn't know Baekhyun was there and that's the exact moment Baekhyun decided to chime in the conversation, shocking Jian.

"Of course, grandma loves me more than you, I am the Byun Baekhyun after all."

Jian glared at him and grandma could sense a little fight breaking out over whom she loves more. No one wants to be the bystander of a childish fight as the first thing in the morning. So she just chuckled and said,"You both know I love the two of you equally, right?"

"What the heck? You know me for almost 20 years and he hasn't been near you for even 20 months, it's unfair!"Jian said.

Grandma finally put all the dishes in the tray and picked it up and looked at Jian,"But he did fix you, didn't he?"

Jian looked away and rolled her eyes,"I guess.."

"No, not yet. I haven't fixed her completely yet!"Baekhyun said while taking the tray from grandma's hands and carrying it to the table instead.

Jian looked at him, what the heck does he want to fix more about her? Especially after last evening?

Baekhyun smiled at her as she raised her eyebrows. He just said,"You yourself will feel it when that happens."

Jian rolled her eyes as they all sat at the dining table, enjoying their breakfast like a beautiful family. Laughter, banters, delicious food, everything seemed perfect.

It was not so perfect when Jian got up and had to go to her academy. She had tuitions today at this time because her finals are literally knocking at the door. Jian looked like she wanted to stay back but grandma and Baekhyun forced her to go and Baekhyun promised he wouldn't leave before Jian comes back. Jian just rolled her eyes at him saying no one cares if he stays or not but they both knew deep down it was a lie.

After Jian left for class, grandma and Baekhyun sat at the dining table.

"So.."Baekhyun started,"I have somehow got to know that you are really really sick and need surgery as soon as possible.."

"'Somehow? Or did Taehyung tell you?"Grandma chuckled.

"Yeah he did. He also told me that you haven't told Jian that you need a surgery. And it's very important and Jian has no idea about it."

Grandma looked away, guilty.

"Come on gramma, you know you can't keep delaying the surgery and keep hiding this from Jian."

Grandma sighed and looked at him,"You see, Baekhyun..the doctors said that there is a chance that I might not survive from this surgery. It's a really hard decision to make."

Baekhyun listened as grandma told him the whole story. The doctors said getting chemo is just not enough now. She has to get the tumor removed. This along with all her other sicknesses is making everything worse and they really don't know how long she can live without the surgery. Having a surgery is important but taking her age and other diseases into consideration the surgery might not be successful and she might not be able to wake up from it. And grandma doesn't want to take that chance before Jian's csats and stress her out about all this. That's why she decided to not tell Jian anything and wait till Jian gets into a renowned college.