Chapter 28

"So..I need advice. But I don't need anyone judging me or thinking I'm weird,"Jian said while sipping her bubble tea.

"And you came to me? "Chenle asked while narrowing his eyes.

"Because you are the most logical one out of our group. And can keep secrets. So help me."

Jian had called Chenle out to a bubble tea shop near his house to help her with something. Chenle was really interested to know what she needed help with so he came.

"Fine tell dad everything, my daughter,"Chenle said.

Chenle has a weird habit of calling himself everyone's dad. He once even wore a grey wig and mustache and sent the picture in their group chat saying he's everyone's dad. Jian sighed remembering it and thinking that he's the only person she could ask advice to. No one in her small group of five is normal.

"So..hypothetically a girl..likes a man almost a lot older than her."

"Oh scandalous. Tell me more,"Chenle said while sipping his tea.

Jian sighed,"Can you be serious right now? So yeah..she likes him like a lot. He has helped her through some shit no one else can. Day by day it is hard for her to control her feelings around her. She wants to tell him. But there are a lot of problems over here. He might see her as a...I don't know..child?"

"Why would he see her as a child?"

"Umm..well, they have a slight age.. difference between them."

"How many years? 4? 5?"

"Umm..a bit more than that..about a decade or some.."

"Holy shit Jung Jian, that shit ain't a slight age difference. That's..kinda..weird?"

"No it honestly is not that weird. She has never seen him as someone that older than him."

"What about him?"

"That I don't know. It's complicated? Sometimes she thinks he likes her, sometimes it seems like he..well doesn't."

Chenle sighed and rubbed his chin thinking.

"It's my friend's situation by the way, not mine."

"Yeah Yeah, did your friend try to leave subtle hints his way?"

"Well, she tried. But her form of flirting is insulting. She tries to do something but she ends up insulting him and that ends in them fighting like children or him sulking in the corner."

"I see."

"And she has been trying to ignore him but that doesn't work. He makes his way in somehow. All of it so complicated. Doing what would be best in this situation? Confessing? Or hiding the feelings so it doesn't ruin their friendship? But it is getting really hard for her to contain her emotions."

Chenle thought for awhile and then gave genuine advice,"I really think confessing would be best. If he rejects her she can move on slowly. But if she doesn't, she might regret it in the future about the shot she might have had."

"You think?"

Chenle nodded.

Jian was deep in thought and sipping her bubble tea.

"So..I can guess that your internet friend also have her csats in a week. In that case I think for now she should study for the exams now and think about Baek..I mean her ten year older crush later."