Chapter 14

"I will back in just a moment."

Lee Miri said that seductively while slowly getting her hand away from Baekhyun's thigh to excuse herself to take a call.

Baekhyun smiled and nodded,"Be back soon."

After she finally left Baekhyun slouched back in the couch of the v.i.p room at the second floor of the club Inje.

Baekhyun really dislikes this club. Looks like all the illegal shit of this small town goes down here. Drug dealing, pimping, illegal weapon dealing, underage drinking and what not. This also seems like a cave for perverts. Baekhyun doesn't understand how police haven't raided this place yet. Gyoyan is supposed to be a peaceful place, then how is this club still here?

It's been about an hour since he's met Miri. She is already head over heels for him. Beyond charmed. All is left for him is to get her to a hotel that he's already booked and then exchange the ring. His mission is almost 50 percent done, no obstacle in sight. Baekhyun should feel good about it. But for some reason Baekhyun is restless.

Not about the mission but about Jian.

He has been feeling weird ever since he's left her alone at home. His sixth sense is telling him something bad is happening. He is trying put these feelings in the back burner and concentrate on his mission but he just can't.

Miri is taking quite a long time on the phone so Baekhyun decided to get his phone out and check in on Jian to see if she's okay. Probably send her a message or something. But as soon as he opened his phone, he saw the weather. He didn't realize it the whole time because this room in the club is soundproof.

It's raining.

Heavily.

Jaemin had told Baekhyun so many times that Jian has panic attacks when it rains. She's traumatized about it. Why is it raining? It shouldn't rain today. Is she okay?

A wave of worry overwhelmed Baekhyun's whole body. He quickly called her up. But she isn't picking up no matter how many times he calls. That increased his worry more. He called up grandma and asked her if she knows where Jian is, she told him that Jian is at Jaemin's house with him.

Baekhyun knows it's a lie. Jaemin is out of Goyang with his parents. Chenle is too.

Then where the fuck is she?

He called up Jaemin to see if he knows something. He has also been trying to get in contact with her but to no avail.

I swear to God this girl...

Baekhyun took a deep breath to calm himself down. He can't be thinking about her right now. He has a mission and it's way important than anything or anyone will ever be. He can't fail this mission by unnecessarily worrying about a trouble teenager. He has greater things to do and worry about. His missions and job are more important to him than anything. He can't have a mark on his head that he has failed such an easy mission ever. He's The Night Rain.

And she must be fine. She was the one who told him she would be fine before he left several times.

After Baekhyun had finally come back to his senses, he got up and stood by the transparent glass wall of the room. From there he could see everything happening at the dance floor on the first floor. People were dancing their worries out, all drunk or really tipsy. Couples were all over each other. People were drinking everywhere.

He crossed his arms across his chest while looking at them, trying to think about nothing but his mission. That's when he spotted a rather familiar blue head in the dance floor.