Chapter 2

The school bell rang, indicating freedom for the day.

The classes were over for today. This is the first time in the entire day where Jian felt a little energetic. She quickly picked up her bag which she had already packed and walked out of the school as fast as she could, not caring about the people or students around her.

Jian was skipping happily on her way to the department store, her blue bob was flying in the wind, her hand was in the pockets of her hoodie as she was listening to music in her EarPods. She felt happy because tomorrow is Saturday. The weekend which she waits for every week. No school, no academy, no tutors only games, music and dramas. That's why even though her mood stays bad all week, it starts getting better slowly after school on Friday. And on the weekends her mood stays good and then her mood starts getting downhill from Monday morning.

Today Jian had another reason to be happy. Normally after school on Friday she goes straight home but she gonna buy a ps5 today. She wanted to buy it for the longest time. She even wanted to get a part time job to afford it because she didn't want to ask her grandma for money. She thought about dropping out of the academy for a month to afford it but her grandma keeps in touch with the teachers there so she would be busted as soon as she tries that.

But this Monday something 'good' happened to her. This Monday morning at about 3:30 am she caught a man snooping around in her house. He didn't want to get caught to the police and seemed really desperate to sleep, Jian saw an easy way to get money for her ps5, so she blackmailed him for money for her ps5. And it worked.

Well..blackmailing would be the wrong terminology. Business is more appropriate.

Was what she did dangerous? Yes.

Does she care? No.

That guy fulfilled his promise and left the next morning before. But he left her a note on her notebook using her red sharpie from her room when she clearly warned him not to touch anything in the house. She had ripped the paper and it's now in his bag. She doesn't want her grandma to see it. On the note it wrote, in horrible, barely readable handwriting,

"If you tell anyone about me, you're dead. Remember, my freedom is way more important than your life would ever be."

The red sharpie was definitely used to scare her more, but it wasn't working. It just made her cringe at his childish attempt to appear scary.

Gosh, that man was interesting.

Jian really hasn't encountered someone like him ever. She was really curious about what he was doing in her house that night, who he was and what did he want. But she decided to mind her own damn business and she knows if she meddled anymore it would definitely be dangerous. She has no plan on telling anyone what happened that night. Because she got her money. She didn't necessarily care about anything else.

It was a weird encounter to say the least but he got what he needed, I got what I needed so there's no point of complicating things by involving others.

This weird encounter will forever be kept as a secret.

Jian shook her head to stop thinking about that strange man and to start thinking about her ps5. Just thinking about it made her happy.

She reached the departmental store and went to the the electronics section to get herself a ps5. She was so happy. A big smile was adoring her face. She was excited. She got the money out of her pocket and looked at it. It reminded of that guy's face.

We won't ever meet again but thank you for your money. I'm using it for good work.

She was just about to pay for it when her phone rang. She saw the called id, 'Granny💜'.