Chapter 27

"We're home!" Baekhyun announced after coming back from the hospital with grandma after her checkup.

For the last couple of days Jian and Baekhyun had been begging grandma to get the surgery. Both of them knew that the surgery is critical and can cause nonreversible consequences given all of grandma's other sicknesses. But if she doesn't get the surgery for any longer anything can happen. And both Jian and Baekhyun know that grandma hides her pain from them. Jian had emotionally blackmailed her grandma into getting the surgery. Baekhyun was amazed by her skills. Now the doctor told them that they would check keep checking her conditions and come up with a surgery date as soon as possible.

Baekhyun knows it was a hard decision for Jian as well. Even she is hiding her pain and fear and studying hard for her csats. She said she's gonna make her grandma proud and give a perfect answer to her dad with her result. Baekhyun had told her to only keep that in mind and study towards hard without caring about anything.

Jian seems to have taken his advice quite literally. She is studying..a lot. She rarely comes out of her room. Baekhyun is suspicious. There must be some other reason of her studying so goddamn hard. Baekhyun just wonders what is up with her, she refuses to tell him.

Baekhyun hasn't been living here full time, he has been going to work to Seoul almost everyday like normal. He doesn't mind it. He likes it this way. This way he can both work and keep Yunho happy and also look after Jian and grandma. Yunho has raised hell when Baekhyun announced that he's coming back to Goyang to live there for sometime. But Baekhyun couldn't help it. Grandma had given him love like a real family member and he couldn't just let her suffer alone. And also he knew how much stress Jian was in. Just because he decided to totally ignore his feelings for her, that doesn't mean they don't exist. Yunho is still angry at him. But Baekhyun is making it up to him by working extra. Yunho can't be angry on him for long anyway.

After helping grandma to get to her room, Baekhyun knocked on Jian's door and then flung it open. The whole room was full of notes, books, papers everywhere. Jian was sitting at her study table looking like a mess. She was  drinking a huge mug of coffee, pulling her hair to probably stop a headache from forming and staring at her books.

"Oh my God, Jian what the fuck are you doing?"Baekhyun was so shocked by her and her room's state, he couldn't help but curse.

"I be studying, don't disturb, bye."

"No, you look like you are on the verge of losing the one drop of sanity you had left. And what the heck did you make of your room? And is that your fourth mug of coffee since morning?"

"Fifth and mom can you not disturb right now? I have to get into Seoul University. You can nag my life style later."

"This isn't a life style, Jian. This is just bad decision. I know how serious you are about this but right now you might go insane. Let's go out on a walk. You need some fresh air."

"Oh hell no. There ain't a way imma waste my precious time walking around with you and kiss my scholarship farewell,"Jian said,"And now if you'd excuse me..I have been stuck on a math for an hour and I gotta go back to it."

"See? You're stuck on that problem for an hour cause you need some fresh air. I'm not taking no for an answer. So get the fuck up. Let's go."

"There's no way in hell I'm going on a walk with you."

Baekhyun frowned,"Why?"

"Because I.."Jian was about to blurt out something but abruptly stopped and was embarrassed.

"Because you?"

Jian seemed to be thinking something quickly and then said,"Because..you..Yeah...because you look so young right now and if we are seen together people might think..."She again abruptly stopped,"..that you are my little brother or some shit."