Chapter 25

Furious, uncomfortable, sad, annoyed, embarrassed.

Jian didn't know all of these emotions were possible to feel at the same time. But that was exactly what she was feeling while she was sitting in one of the most expensive restaurants in Seoul, wearing an uncomfortable ass red gown with heels that are almost cutting her ankles and sipping an expensive ass red wine that doesn't even taste good and sitting with people she didn't want to be associated with tonight including her freaking fiancé, listening to them talk as if they know everything about her even though they don't know shit. Oh, it is also her twentieth birthday. Amazing!

She may or may not end up throwing the shitty ass red wine at one of them at some point. Especially at her step mom who was acting like her graduation was thanks to her 'tough love' and Eric's elder douchebag brother, Aron, who hadn't changed and was still a freaking douchebag. But she is trying her hard and soul to contain herself and not lash out like she would when she was still a teenager. She is a grown up now. She can't be going around throwing wine at people. And also even though she hates both Eric and his brother, she respects their parents a lot. She is also a tiny bit happy to see them after so many years. During their time in America they adored Jian a lot after Jian's mom's death. They are Jian's father's childhood friends and business partners. They even lived in the same area. They and Jian's little step brother are the only people she can tolerate in this crowd.

"Yeah! I always knew Jian would graduate as the top of her class! I have a good eye, you see!"Jian's step mom said to the Lee's.

Jian closed her eyes. The fake ness in her voice was getting in her nerves. She remembered one time Baekhyun had told her being an adult means being responsible, being able to tolerate everything unexpected that comes one's way. Jian hadn't expected such a huge unexpected event right the day she turns an adult.

Adulting is already freaking hard.

Oh how she wishes she could drink cheap 5 dollar soju with Baekhyun instead of this 2000 dollar wine that her father bought to honor her becoming an adult.

Baekhyun was so right to worry about today. Jian knew talking to her father about her sister wouldn't be easy but what the heck is this? If only Baekhyun was here with her. Weirdly it as if Baekhyun is somewhere near her, very close to her. She knows she might be being crazy because he said he was busy today. And she can't even raise her head to much to look around because as soon as she raises her head her eyes would meet Eric's who very conveniently is sitting at the chair right across her. And she is trying really hard to overcome this but as soon as she looks at his eyes she remembers all the old events, memories both good and bad, the pain he caused, everything. She had never thought about all these after coming back to Korea. His memories, pains were locked in a deserted part of her mind. She didn't want to visit that part anytime soon. Not before she dealt with her other problems. But before she could, he came in front of her, without any warning and sent her head into a turmoil of past emotions.

Jian sighed.

It would be so much better if Baekhyun was around to help but she can't always rely on him, can she? She needs to be a rely on herself more than anyone. She needs to grow up.

Once Baekhyun had given her an hour lecture on 'how to be an adult', Jian hadn't listened to any of it thinking it was one of his episodes where he was too bored in his room and looked for ways to give her useless information. Those informations didn't seem so useless now.

Jian wasn't hearing anything anyone was saying because listening to all those bullshit would just make her blood boil but she was pulled back out of her trance when Eric decided to call her once again. He has been trying to start a conversation for the nth time and Jian wasn't having any of it. All she remembers was the last words she was told by him.