Chapter 29

"Hyung..I think..you're in danger,"Jaemin said very seriously.

That was last thing Baekhyun wanted to hear when he got called to a cafe by Jaemin today among all days. Baekhyun was happy when Jaemin called him because he wanted to meet Jaemin anyway. But this is a bit weird.

Is he going insane because tomorrow his results are gonna be out? Or is the cold getting to him?

"Why am I in danger?"

"Minhee. She's on to you."

"What do you mean?"

Jaemin leaned in closer and whispered,"Last night I was coming home after hanging out with y'all and Minhee held my hand and pulled me in an alleyway saying if I don't get back with her and don't break my friendship with Jian she's gonna go to the police and tell them everything about you."

Baekhyun frowned,"Everything about me? Like?"

"Like..you stole her Gucci bag, and Lee Miri's emerald ring?"Jaemin said.

"What?"Baekhyun was totally unamused, a trait he picked up from Jian.

"Yes she says she did some detective shit and saw you with Lee Miri's ring."

"No shit Sherlock,"Another phrase he picked up from Jian.

Jaemin was totally confused by Baekhyun's behavior,"Hyung..do you not understand? She might know that you're.."Jaemin lowered his voice by a notch and looked around before speaking,"..the Night Rain."

This time Baekhyun widened his eyes,"How the heck did you know that? There's no way Jian told you."

"Of course Jung 'i-hide-shit-From-my-best friend' didn't tell me. I found it out by myself. How stupid do you think I am? I knew it since last year."

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes,"Exactly..how?"

Jaemin sighed,"Is that what's important right now?"

"That is exactly what's important right now, Na Jaemin, spill it."

Jaemin narrowed his eyes,"Fine I got to know the night Minhee and I broke up. After everyone was sleeping do you remember Jian was about to sneak out and steal Minhee's bag?"

Baekhyun nodded.

"I was awake and was about to get water but kind of eavesdropped your whole conversation. About you being Night Rain as well. That made so much sense."

"You sneaky little rascal."

"That was one hell of a night. I got to know so much. That my best friend cares so much about me, about who you are and also became sure of that y'all have a thing for each other."

Baekhyun's jaw dropped,"What? No, there's nothing like that."

"Yeah sure,"Jaemin said,"And after that night to make it completely hundred percent sure I sent Mark hyung and Jian on a date even though she had paid him to act like they're into each other and hid it from you to see your reaction. It was so worth it."

"Jian didn't have a crush on Mark?"Baekhyun was in a cultural shock.

"No, she was acting she liked him so I could take my mind off of Minhee. But I somehow heard their conversation and knew what they were up to."

"And you didn't tell me?"

Jaemin nodded.

"I was going through that hell for nothing?"

"Pretty much."

Baekhyun took a deep breath and then was about to charge at Jaemin,"Come here you brat."