Chapter 4

For Baekhyun's work, Baekhyun always had to be around people. That gave him the ability to observe, read and analyze people very easily. That is how he got along with people with no problem ever. Baekhyun can read people's expression, eyes and predict what they are about to say or do next. Baekhyun always had pride in that ability of his.

But now the ability seems to be failing him.

That is what Baekhyun was thinking while sitting on his bed, on his newly rented bedroom and looking at the girl that was leaning against the door of his room, Jung Jian, 18 years old, born and raised in Los Angeles, apparently academically smart and comes from very rich parents.

He had his friend look her up and find all these information about her because she had intrigued him from the first time they met. He hasn't been able to get her off of his head. Mostly because of her eyes. Her whole expression and aura is stern but her eyes portray a total different emotion. Baekhyun can't still can't put a finger on what that emotion is. So these eyes along with her whole face is haunting him. He cannot stay calm until he figures out what is up with her. He is that type of person.

"Why are you staring at me and not the note?" Jian asked, breaking the silence.

Jian had handed Baekhyun a note where she had wrote a set of rules that he would have to abide by to stay in this house peacefully. These rules are so ridiculous that Baekhyun doesn't even know what to say. He looked at the note.

1. Don't call me a kid.

2. Don't look at me.

3. Don't talk to me.

4. Stay out of my sight as much as possible.

5. Don't touch my food, snacks or my things.

6. Don't go into my room without permission.

7. Stay out of my business.

8. Don't snitch about me to my grandma.

9. Move out of this house ASAP.

10. Don't ever dare to hurt or harm my grandma, things would be really ugly then.

"So Jian, what is this suppose to mean?" Baekhyun asked.

Jian tilted her head to her side,"An agreement of peace. I'm coming to terms with the fact that a criminal will be staying here and this is the least I can do.."

"Why do you think I'm a criminal, Jian? I might not be.."

"Baekhyun, I think you breaking into my house, having a damn gun and stalking me is enough to conclude that you are a criminal...but go off I guess?"

Baekhyun sighed,"Are you in a debate club or something?"

"You stalked me, you know that I don't,"Jian said,"Or did you do a lousy job at stalking? Anyways, I will be going now. Grandma told me to tell ya to come and eat lunch at 1."

Baekhyun shook his head. There is no winning this girl, is there?

Jian was about to go but Baekhyun realized something, and stopped Jian,"Hey, I really didn't want to ask this but.."

"Then don't,"Jian said and turned to the door.

"...why do you keep talking to me informally? I'm 10 years older than you. Shouldn't you call me opp.."

Jian turned around when she heard that. She seemed a little bit shocked. Baekhyun was really interested to hear what she had to say next.

"Damn, you're old."