Chapter 3

"Granny, he's a criminal! We can't let a criminal stay with us!"

Jian desperately tried to persuade her grandma after pulling her into the kitchen. She has been trying to persuade her for the last ten minutes while Baekhyun was enjoying the tea that grandma had prepared for him. But grandma wasn't ready to understand.

She was dismissing all of what Jian was saying thinking she was only giving excuses to keep her game room intact. Jian didn't want anyone else to use the room that she uses to do her precious gaming.

"And you promised you won't be renting out my gaming room.."

"Stop labeling him as a criminal. Just because you don't want him to move into your gaming room.."

"No, granny. It ain't it. He brok.."

Jian almost slipped the fact that he broke into their house a few nights ago and she let him stay. If grandma gets to know it, Jian would get her ass whopped and she would have to kiss both her phone and her gaming pc goodbye. Jian couldn't let that happen, ever. But what other way was there to make grandma understand how dangerous it would be to let this Baekhyun guy stay at their place.

"He's staying here, Jian. That's my decision. Nothing is going to work,"Her grandma said,"And we are keeping him alone for such a long time, it's rude. I have nothing more to say, move."

Her grandma was about to move past her but Jian grabbed her shoulders to stop her,"He's dangerous. Please trust me for once. I don't care about myself, I'm worried about you."

"How do you know he's dangerous, Jian? You don't even know him."

"My point exactly. What is the point of letting a complete unknown man stay at our house? Come on you promised. You don't know how people are.."

"Baekhyun is fine, Jian. I have made this decision very carefully. I have been observing him volunteer at the day center for the elders. He seems so lively and nice. And he needed a place to stay..coincidentally he saw our advertisement of renting the place on Craigslist.." Her grandma stopped abruptly and widened her eyes.

Jian widened her eyes too,"Hold on a minute. I took down that advertisement after you promised me to not rent that place. That was two months ago..how did he..granny.."

Grandma tried to run away from the conversation,"Hehe, Jian-ah, Baekhyun is waiting.."

"You lied to me. You broke your promise. And who even helped you put on that ad?"

"I did it myself.."

"It was that rascal, wasn't it?"

"Jian-ah, I told you it was me."

Jian gritted her teeth, knowing damn well her grandma was lying and who helped her with putting the advertisement back on.

Na freaking Jaemin, I'm gonna kill you.

Both you and granny are scammers.

"How could you do this to me when I worked so hard to get your required marks on all the exams? Don't you feel a least bit sad?"

Her grandma now looked genuinely guilty. She slowly patted Jian's head while Jian put on the most pitiful expression she could.

"I'm really sorry, Jian. I feel really guilty.."

"Right!"Jian's expression quickly changed,"So please  don't rent out my room and throw him out.."

Jian's grandma smacked her head,"Stop trying to emotional blackmail me, Baekhyun is staying, that's final. None of your excuses will change my mind. I will make sure to make it up to you for breaking the promise."