Chapter 9: Assassin bet

((Note: New partner, New class, New look. Let's do this!))

No POV

Khiry(Narrated): These partners, no. These historian figures, The knight of Treachery, the third prince of Charlemagne, & the huntress of chaste were part of my dream. If they know about the dream-like Astolfo mentioned, then maybe it was fate that put us together.

Astolfo: So, she is the chaste huntress in her time.

Khiry: Yeah.

Mordred: Does she look like this in your history?

Khiry thought about her in statue form.

Khiry: None in the history book from the description right in front of me.

Astolfo: What is the history of the golden apple?

Khiry: Lots of symbolism on apples: Both Mythology & Religious. Greek, Norse, & Celtic. There is tradition, legends, & folklore to it.

Atalanta started to wake up from being knocked out by the guards. She then looks up to the three as Khiry then sees her woke.

Khiry: Are you ok?

Atalanta looks around to see that the guards, who captured her, were gone.

Atalanta: Yeah. I'm ok. Where are the knights?

Khiry: The knights that capture you? We took care of them.

Atalanta: Really?

Astolfo: What happen to you?

Atalanta: Well, I was summoned before the first wave to try & protect the village in Siltvelt.

Astolfo: Siltvelt?

Atalanta: Yes. It is a kingdom full of demihumans. Anyway, when the first wave appeared, my master gave me a mission to protect as many as their kind. There was another human who helps me. However, when I ran up to him, his life was taken. I have managed to keep those knights from taking so many of them from a district.

Khiry: I have a feeling about that.