Chapter 7: Assassin "sees" the truth

((Note: The last chapter of the year. I hope things should get better. Keyword: Hope. Let's do this!))

Khiry POV

I was telling Mordred my battle with Sasaki, meeting Astolfo, & getting a new dagger. Mordred is happily surprised.

Mordred: Eh? Did you face the nameless samurai? I think he was holding back since he is trying to teach you how to be a servant in a way.

Me: Yeah, but I did. I am curious as to why were stairs in the middle of the forest?

Mordred: You were heading into enemy territory, yet he was the only one that shows up.

Mordred slap me on the back.

Mordred: Ah, I get it. You wanted to lure him out but you'd rather do it yourself than ask me to do it. Aren't you the reckless one, partner? I like it.

Me: I'm not reckless. But I have dodged his Noble Phantasm.

Mordred: So you recruited him?

Me: Yep.

Mordred: Rider of Black?

Me: Yep.

Mordred: You do know he is weak?

Me: I do know he is the Weakest, but he has heart.

Mordred: So, did you get something from that cobra? 

Me: I do.

I took out my regular dagger & turn it into Jealous Fang. Mordred is surprised. When I see the dagger, I started to open its weapon menu & see something interesting: 4 categories surrounded it: Applications, Techniques, Variations, Associations.

Your weapon can level up based on the following: Defeating enemies, level mastery, upgrading/modify, rarity.

Me: Huh. Neat. "Applications are considered the basic set essentially. Techniques are considered your special/Ultimate attacks. Variations are considered enhancing the powers. Associations are powers that are just related to the power." Hmm...

I looked under the category "Applications" & see a lot of unlocked ideas, ranging from Poison Absorption to Poison Inducement. I then click on "Techniques," but they are locked. I check "Variation," "Associations," the same thing. I did see them having a point system. Certain moves & abilities are locks. I look under the weapon name & it has an experience bar & unused points.

Me(Think): This magic system... feels like MMO.

I then have a feeling about my third vision.

Mordred: What's wrong? You're worried about your friend, are you?

I then look at Mordred as she then smirks as an idea pop in her head.

No POV

Mordred & Khiry are heading to Astolfo's room, knock on his door. Astolfo then looks at the seriousness in their face.

Astolfo: What's wrong?

Khiry: We figure out her plan.

Khiry then sees the crack of dawn.

Khiry: The sun is rising.

Astolfo came out & close his door. All three of them made it out of the building, as Khiry lead them to the path down to Melromarc.

Mordred: I'm surprised, Partner. You actually figure it out.

Astolfo: What is her plan?

Khiry: Frame Naofumi. Since she is royalty, she is probably going to lie in front of their faces that Naofumi attempt to rape her.