29

emerson

emerson

"is he here? is he here? momma is he here?"

"calm down noah. c'mon let's go see," he follows me to the window and hurriedly throws the curtains open to see if jonah is here.

he gasps happily, "can i go see him?! please mom."

"go. but carefully!" i call out as the boy is already opening the door and running outside.

"daddy!"

jonah's not even out of his car yet but once he sees noah running over to him, he quickly gets out and smiles at him.

he kneels on the ground, throwing his arms wide open for the boy to run into.

"hey buddy. i missed you so much."

"i miss you, please stay. okay?"

"okay."

i had been watching through the window so i decide to join them outside.

"you've been good for your mom yeah?"

noah nods rapidly, "uh huh. just like i promised."

"is that right?" jonah glances up at me for reassurance.

i let out a small laugh, "yes. here let's go inside. you need help with bags or anything?"

"no i got it. thanks. and thanks... for this."

"don't mention it."

-

after dinner we settle on watching coco, one of my favorite disney movies. i love the message behind it.

noah is singing along with 'remember me' and i can't help but sing with him. jonah soon joins in and it's a funny sight.

in that moment it's like everything that we've been through in the past few months disappears. and it's such a nice feeling to not have to worry about it all.

it almost feels like everything is back to normal.

our voices die down as we get back into the movie.

eventually noah looks up at jonah with a small grin, "guess what day is soon dad."

jonah pretends to think about it, "hmmm let's see..." he trails off playfully.