23

jonah (surprise)

jonah (surprise)

i never meant for things to get this out of hand. i'm beginning to have a lot of regrets about this whole thing.

"do you really think this is the right thing to do?" i ask tate.

i'm sitting at the kitchen island and she's standing behind me, rubbing my shoulders.

"yes jonah. he's your son and you deserve to have rights," she kisses my cheek before grabbing a beer and exiting outside through the side door.

i run my hands through my hair, slightly pulling at the ends.

"don't listen to her dude. you know it's wrong or you wouldn't be having doubts," corbyn shakes his head in disappointment as he opens the fridge.

i frown, "emerson is just being so difficult. and... i don't know. things aren't the same. i don't think this whole
co-parenting thing is working."

daniel, who had shown up earlier and basically ignored my existence, pops into the kitchen out of nowhere. he scoffs loudly, "don't blame this on emie. she does everything for you."

"i'm not really taking imput from you right now," i respond hastily.

"of course not," he laughs, "you don't think about anyone but yourself and that's sad. it's sad that noah and emerson have to go through this because of your weird, obsessive assumptions," he stomps out of the kitchen angrily.

of course he'd take her side.

i cover my face with my hands and let out a deep sigh,

"am i a bad father for wanting to actually be in my son's life? i want him here with me. what's so wrong about that?" i question aloud.

corbyn sighs, "look, you're a great dad.
you just lack judgement sometimes. hopefully you realize that before it's too late."

-

(a/n: thank you all for reading 🥺 don't be afraid to comment! i love reading them ❤️ also check out my other stories <3 more coming soon!)