15

6:22PM

6:22PM

jack avery
hey em wyd right now?

emerson
i'm editing an assignment for work

jack avery
oh okay, need a break?

emerson
what do you have in mind?

jack avery
open your door 😌

...

i open the door and laugh once i see jack holding a bag of takeout in front of his face, "what is this?"

"chinese food duh," he walks in and i close the door behind him.

"that's sweet but very random."

we walk into the kitchen. i grab us some drinks while he divides the food out on the counter and sits on one of the stools. i sit across from him on the other side of the island.

"i know it's a little weird, me just showing up but.. nah never mind. let's just eat," he tries to avoid the subject.

"what's wrong?"

he chuckles, "nothing's wrong. i was just feeling lonely," he blushes a little before starting to eat.

"jack..."

"everyone has somewhere to be tonight and i have nothing. no one... and then i remembered you and yeah. you must kinda know how it feels. i'm sorry but i didn't want to be alone," he explains, not once looking at me.

"well in that case, i'm glad you thought of me." 

we make awkward eye contact before silently going back to our food.

soon enough, the silence is interrupted by knocking on the door.

"damn i've been popular lately," i joke, opening the door to peek outside.

"why is jack's car here?" jonah pushes past me, nearly knocking me off my feet.

"he came to hang out."

"oh really? i'm sure that's why he came over," he rolls his eyes, clearly not believing me, and storms over to the kitchen.

jack raises his eyebrows at jonah in surprise, "uhh hey. i didn't know you were coming over or i would have ordered some for you to-"

"why are you here? tate told me that she heard you on the phone talking to corbyn, something about bringing food to emerson. is this a date?" he interrogates.

"jonah what is your problem?" i ask defensively.

"my problem is that i don't need you getting knocked up by him. noah doesn't need any siblings and-"

as offended as i am by his claim, i glance at jack for a second before we both burst out laughing. and this only pisses jonah off more.

-