41

emerson

emerson

"so what's the name of this song you have?" daniel asks as we sit in his studio, ready to record for my next single.

i sigh, "i have a few ideas.. but one is sticking out. maybe 'favorite crime'? here listen to the lyrics i have so far and tell me what you think," i pause as i pull my lyric book out.

oh, look what we became

oh, the things i did

just so i could call you mine

oh, the things you did

well, i hope i was your favorite crime

...

cause baby you were mine

i finish singing and look up at daniel to see him staring at me, "what?"

"oh uh, nothing. that was just.. like really good. um i think favorite crime is a perfect song title," he smiles before motioning for me to hand him the song book.

i hesitate out of habit but hand it to him. he looks over the page before turning to his computer and messing around with the sounds.

eventually he has something similar to the melody i showed him.

"that's so good," i nod approvingly.

"well it's a great song," daniel laughs, "i like the first few lines you have. i think you need something right here. maybe something like 'and i watched as you fled the scene..' something something.. 'one heart broke, four hands bloody'. since you have 'willing accomplice', it all matches up with the same theme," he suggests.

"wait yes!" i grab my pen and begin writing down the words.

know that i loved you so bad

i let you treat me like that

i was your willing accomplice, honey

and i watched as you fled the scene

doe-eyed as you buried me

one heart broke, four hands bloody

the things i did...

just so i could call you mine

soon enough we've nearly perfected a recording of the song and i couldn't be happier.

he plays it back once more and we both look at each other with grins on our faces.

when the song ends i quickly pull him into a hug, which is kind of hard to do with the positions we're sitting in but i manage.

"i love it! it sounds so good. thanks again, for helping me and everything," i say as i pull away.

there's this look in his bright blue eyes but i can't quite make out what it is, "of course. i think we make a pretty good team."

"yeah we do," i reply, starting to turn back to the computer to go over the song another time to see if anything needs added or fixed.

but daniel stops me, one of his hands gently grabbing my jaw and turning my head back to face him.

my breath hitches and i stare at him in confusion and shock, preventing me from moving,

as he leans in to kiss me.

-

(a/n: daniel daniel daniel... wyd sir? 💀🙊🙈)