14

emerson

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

emerson

"mmm jonah's not here right now. i'm watching noah until he gets back," tate tells me with a small smirk on her face.

"... alright," i sigh, done with arguing for the day. i try to set noah down but he latches onto me.

"no momma," he whispers in my ear and buries his face into my neck.

i glance up and catch tate rolling her eyes, "c'mon noah, your dad will be here soon. you can suck it up until then."

"excuse me?" i snap, standing up to meet her eye to eye.

"he's being a little brat."

"and who told you that you could talk to him that way?" i hold noah closer to me if possible and glare at the slightly taller girl.

"his father," she grins sarcastically, "just put him down and leave. he'll get over it."

"you really think i'm going to leave him here after the way you talked to him? no, i'll wait for jonah," i take a seat on the sofa and make myself comfortable to get my point across.

"he doesn't want to see you right now," tate says.

"i- you know what, let's not talk about this in front of noah."

she glares and whispers insults under her breath as she leaves the room.

"are you and daddy fighting?" noah asks sadly.

"no buddy, we're okay."

he nods and cuddles into my side. he falls asleep minutes later.

"tate i'm bac- oh.. uh, i told her to tell you to just drop him off," jonah awkwardly states once he enters the house and sees me.

i carefully move noah onto the space next to me before standing, "yeah well one thing led to another and i wanted to make sure you were here with him before i left."

he sighs in annoyance, "you don't have to like tate but not trusting her with my son is a bit too far, emerson."

"our son, jonah. she's said some things that i don't like and i'm not going to put up with it. who knows how she talks to him when it's just the two of them-"

"don't. it's not your place to accuse her of shit she hasn't done nor will she ever do," he cuts me off.

"i'm his mother. it will always be my place," i shake my head. i'm done with this pointless conversation, it's clear he's far too stuck up her ass.

"i'll pick him up tuesday afternoon. bye."

"whatever."

-