33

emerson

emerson

since the deep conversation with jonah the other night, things have been better. we've worked things out and we decided to leave everything in the past.

at least that's what jonah thinks.

i, however, can't seem to leave it... i mean he's had years to accept how our relationship ended. i've been here coping with the wrong idea this entire time. so now i can't stop thinking about everything he confessed.

he came back for me. and i had no idea whatsoever. my parents never told me. it's crazy, but it's not like i can do anything about it.

besides i've moved on from our relationship, i have. and who knows.. now that i have full closure, maybe soon i'll open up to meeting someone, perhaps go on a date when this covid situation clears up.

i can't be single forever and it's been a while...

jonah currently has noah distracted and i'm taking a very relaxing, well needed warm bath. i usually only take showers because i barely have time to myself but with jonah staying over it's given me self-care time, which was much needed.

my phone stops playing the chill jazz music that i put on because someone has decided to call me...

i raise my eyebrows curiously once seeing daniel's contact name. i quickly dry my hands before answering,

"hello?"

"emieeee what's up? how've you been?" he asks cheerfully.

i laugh, "i'm good. how are you?"

"doing well. writing and producing like crazy right now for the album. it's going well."

"i love to hear that. jonah told me you guys still have lots left to record?"

he hums, "yeah a little here and there. i mean we have time due to covid but we'll probably start seriously recording soon. covid has extended our break but we can't tell the fans so... just going with the flow or whatever."

i nod though he can't see me, "right. hey, at least that gives you more time to perfect the album! it's a good thing."

"you're right. but anyway, that's not why i called. sooooo don't be mad..."

"daniel, what did you do?" my tone accusing.

he scoffs playfully, "what makes you assume i did something?"

"well did you?"

"... see um, the thing is..." he trails off,

"exactly. now what did you-"

he interrupts me, "so that song you sent me a few weeks, i may have showed randy."

"ew why?"

he laughs loudly, "okay deserved but really he just overheard me listening. anyway to the point... he loved it. seriously, he made me send it to others in the label and well, they kinda want you to record it professionally."

i nearly drop my phone in the water. i stare at the wall in shock.

"em? you there?"

"oh um, yes i'm still here.."

he chuckles to himself, "well what do you think?"

i bite my lip hesitantly, "i don't know. w-why do they want me to record it? like.. it's not that good."

"shut up, yes it is! c'mon people will love it. em they wanna help you. if the song is received well, it'll lead to an ep and possibly even an album. it's a good thing," he explains.

"they said that?"

"mhm. i told them you have plenty of songs just like this one and they were so excited. i wouldn't pass it up," i can basically see his grin, his voice happy and full of excitement.

"i still don't know. it's a lot to think about-"

"no it's not. emie, listen i'm your friend right? and i know music. and trust me when i say that this is a song that the world needs to hear."

i sigh, "your fans are gonna say i'm only doing it because of the clout i get from y'all and assume my songs are all about jo-"

"who cares what a few of them think? you'll be doing it because you're talented as fuck and-"

"okay okay i get it. umm okay here's the deal. if i agree... you have to help me. i want you to produce the song and all the good stuff like that," i offer.

"deal," he says immediately.

"alright deal."

i can't believe this is happening...

-