11

4:52 PM

4:52 PM

jack avery
hey emerson

emerson
hi jack. what's up??

jack avery
the boys and i were wondering if you
could bring noah over to jo's house.
i know it's not the weekend yet but
he's been really down and i think
seeing his son would cheer him up

emerson
of course i can. is he okay?

jack avery
i don't know tbh. he's been
really quiet. is now okay?

emerson
sure. i'll be there soon

jack avery
great! i'll let you in. we're all here

-

getting noah ready was really easy, especially once i told him where we're going. he started jumping up and down excitedly.

i just pulled into the driveway and noah is already telling me to hurry so that he can see his dad.

i unbuckle him and quickly make my way to the door before knocking.

the door instantly opens and jack grins, "perfect come on in. he's sulking in his room."

i raise an eyebrow, curious as to what is going on. i figure it's better to ask him directly so i carry noah up the stairs and to jonah's room.

his door is shut so i make sure to knock and wait for a reply.

"go away corbyn," i hear him respond softly from the other side.

"jonah it's me and no-"

"daddy can we come in?!"

the boy interrupts impatiently, causing me to laugh.

there's some rustling noises and then the door is opened, "hey bud. hey em."

he steps to the side and lets us in before shutting it behind us.

i pass noah to him and watch as they bear hug.

"what's this surprise for?" he smiles as he sets noah on his bed and sits next to him. i stand by the door.

"well a little birdie told me that you needed some cheering up so-"

"don't be sad! why are you sad?" noah questions, moving to put his small hands on jonah's face.

"i'm not sad anymore. thank you, both."

after a long debate and noah's constant begging, we thought we'd take him to the local park.

he's currently running around, trying to sneak into the sandbox even though i told him not to. we're talking about a huge annoying mess the last time he did so.

jonah and i sit on the bench so we can watch him. i can't help but notice how quiet he is once again.

"are you okay? i don't want to pry but you seem upset."

he sighs while looking down as he begins to mess with his fingertips, "i'm alright."

"jo i've known you for nine years. you know i know that's a lie," i raise an eyebrow at him and he chuckles,

"right. it's just.. well i got into a small argument with tatum. i'm sure you don't want to hear about my relationship problems."

i shrug, "if you need someone to talk to i'm here."

he speaks up again after a moment of silence, "i told her i stayed the night at your place and she took it the wrong way. i tried explaining that nothing happened but she wouldn't listen. so now she's hell bent on ignoring me."

"oh. would it help if i talked to her?" honestly the last thing i want to do but...

"no, no. that'd probably just make it worse," he sighs again, "she'll come around i hope."

"i hope so too."

-