19

emerson

emerson

after contemplating back and forth with myself for hours, i decide to head to jonah's to try and talk things out.

something isn't right and we need to figure out how to fix this. i will definitely be discussing what happened earlier with noah.

since he's asleep right now and i don't want to wake him, i call jack to see if he can come watch him for a bit.

thankfully he agrees.

once he arrives, i get in the car and head over to jonah's.

as i exit the car, i hear chatter coming from the backyard so i'm guessing that's where everyone is. i walk around the house and knock softly on the gate to make my arrival known.

a few heads turn to look at me, one of them immediately turning their gaze to the ground.

jonah, tate, eben, zach, corbyn and corbyn's siblings jordan and ashley are all gathered around the firepit.

i see corbyn nudge jonah causing him to sigh. he hesitantly stands from his spot and walks over to me.

i'm still by the gate because i don't feel comfortable entering without permission or whatever.

jonah stuffs his hands in his pockets, stopping right in front of me.

he finally looks at me,

"why are you here?"

what a nice greeting, "we need to talk, don't you think?"

"there's not much to talk about emerson," he shrugs.

i shake my head in frustration, "okay this can go one of two ways. we can talk this out and make things work again for noah... or i can go back home and we can continue on this path that will only end up with someone getting hurt."

he laughs obnoxiously, "is that supposed to be like.. a threat or something?"

"what? no. i'm only saying that if we don't fix this, it's going to get bad for noah and he doesn't deserve tha-"

"whatever. it doesn't matter anyway."

"how can you think like that? of course it matters," i furrow my eyebrows at him in confusion.

"no em, it really doesn't. i've thought about it and i want to fight for custody. i want full custody of noah."

it takes me a few seconds to process the bullshit that just came out of his mouth.

"excuse me?!"

"i think you heard me perfectly clear. i'm tired of being pushed to the side in his life. you're always dictating what happens with him and it's not fair. so i've talked it over with some people and i'm bringing this to court," he says nonchalantly, like this doesn't change anything.

i laugh to myself in disbelief, "you can't be serious."

"actually i am. i've already gotten myself a lawyer and i suggest you do the same."

"you son of a bitch!" i push on his chest lightly, no longer wanting him anywhere near me.

he stumbles back a bit and that's when i see zach and corbyn stand up from out the corner of my eye.

corbyn quickly walks over, "woah maybe you guys should take a breather. go back to the group jonah."

jonah scoffs, smirking slightly at me and then walking away.

"emerson, what was that? what happened?" corbyn questions worriedly.

zach joins his side, silently asking the same.

"h-he.. he's trying to take noah away from me."

-