17

emerson

emerson

"what the hell are you talking about?"

"if it's not jack then it's daniel. so tell me which one? or maybe it's both."

i stomp over to him and look him dead in the eyes, "listen to me when i say this jonah. i want you to hear me loud and clear. i haven't been with anyone since you and if you think otherwise then you don't know me at all. all i've done since moving here for YOU is work and raise noah," i speak slowly, emphasizing the 'you'.

he stares at me for a minute before looking away. all of these accusations are starting to get to me. i never expected this from him and honestly... it hurts.

i back away from him and grab my phone and keys.

"where are you going?"

"to get my son."

he follows, trying to grab me but i jump away from him. i hate the feeling that i get in my chest when he tries to grab me. he's acting so unlike himself and it terrifies me. that's not a feeling you want to get from the father of your child.

his whole face drops and he stops dead in his tracks. i start to see tears in his eyes, "did you.. did you think i was going to hurt you?"

i sigh, "n-no."

"you're lying! oh my God, emerson. i would never-"

i let out a shaky breath, "look i'm gonna go get noah. please be gone before i get back."

-

"ugh hold on! i'm coming, damn," the door opens and tate sighs when she sees it's me, "what do you want now?"

"i just came to pick up noah."

she eyes me, "where is jonah? he said he went to your place."

"he did. did you tell him some lies about me and jack?"

she smirks and lets out a small laugh, "get caught in action? not my fault you were being a slut."

"you can't be serious. you really think jack and i have something going on?"

"mhm and now so do jonah and gabbie," she grins.

"gabbie? you lied to her too? what kind of awful human being messes with people's lives like this?! and you know how sensitive they are after their break up," i shake my head in disbelief.

she shrugs, "whatever not my problem. if you want your son you can have him. i'm so fucking tired of him always being here."

my jaw literally drops but before i can respond the door slams shut behind us. i didn't even notice we had left it open.

"what the hell is going on here?"

jonah looks between the two of us, but it doesn't look like he heard what tate said. corbyn and eben come down the stairs, noah in corbyn's arms.

i walk over to him and take noah from him, "mommy i'm sleepy."

"we're leaving baby. say goodbye."

jonah steps forward, "em please."

"you've said enough tonight. we'll see you next weekend."

-