8

emerson

emerson

i had just finished putting noah down for bed when someone knocks on the apartment door.

quickly making my way over before the knocking wakes him up, i open the door to see zach and jack.

"and your favorites have arrived," zach grins as he moves past me, entering the apartment without waiting for my permission.

"right come on in," i say sarcastically, closing the door behind jack.

"where's my nephew?"

"he is asleep and he's going to stay that way," i give zach a pointed look, letting him know not to dare to wake noah.

it took forever to get him to bed. he was upset the entire day after leaving the ice cream shop and even refused to eat dinner. i finally got him to lay down after he begged me to sing one of "daddy's songs" to him. i sang my favorite "in too deep."

"ugh fine. ouu food, i'm starving."

i shake my head at the younger guy before turning my attention to jack. i finally notice that he is carrying something in his hand.

"we thought we'd drop this off for noah. corbyn said that he was so excited to play with them and then we heard that jonah left and felt bad. so yeah," he places the case of tiny cars down on the coffee table.

"that's really sweet of you both. he'll be so happy," i thank them.

"you alright?" zach suddenly asks, reappearing with a plate of food.

"yeah why?"

"well jonah basically ditched him so..."

i shrug, "it's a one time thing. i was a little upset to hear that her parents don't know about noah but that's their relationship. if they're not ready to include them, that's okay i guess."

"wait huh?"

"what do you mean they don't know?"

i sigh, "jonah didn't want to take noah with him and tate because her parents don't know he has a kid."

"and that's not odd to you?" jack questions.

"yeah he's been with her for a year or so... that's weird," zach adds.

"again not my relationship, not my say."

they nod and i ask them if they plan to stay longer.

"if that's cool yeah. we like hanging out with you," jack smiles.

it really feels nice that they want to hang out; almost like i actually have friends. of course i'm friends with all of the boys, but i don't spend a lot of time with them. makes l.a. a little less lonely.

-