Summer Days: Choosing Middle Schools

Kageyama looked through the list of schools from the papers Izumi had given him. All of the schools seemed to be really prestigious, until he saw it.

"Izumi! Izumi, what about Kitagawa Dai-Ichi?" He asked their caretaker, who was currently washing the dishes.

She dried her hands and took a look at the information on the school. "A fine choice. They have a good curriculum and their volleyball team has won many championships. It's perfect for you."

Behind Kageyama and Izumi's happy smiles though, Seijuro was sad. He didn't want to be separated from his brother. "Tobio...." He muttered.

Kageyama spun around. "Sei-Oni San! What school are you going to?"

"Teiko Middle School..." Immediately, both of the brother's faces were dark and gloomy. "Come to Teiko with me! Tobio, please?" Seijuro looked deeply hurt.

"B-but I want to go to Kitagawa Dai-Ichi! They have a good volleyball team!"

"You have basketball skills Tobio! You can perfect them at Teiko. Besides, Teiko is much better in both rankings and education." Seijuro tried to persuade his brother, but inside, he was more scared of Kageyama getting hurt. No one is allowed to harm his brother. He wanted to make sure of that.

"I'm going to Kitagawa Dai-ichi! Kunimi and Kindaichi are going there too!"

"Teiko will be a fun experience!"

"But it's not where I want to go to!"

Izumi saw something in Seijuro's eyes, and quickly tried to pull the two away from each other, but it was too late. The moment they started arguing, it would be futile for Izumi to even try to do something.

"Fine then. Be that way. Don't come to me for any help, Tobio Kageyama." Seijuro snapped and threw his jacket at his brother's face.

It just looked like.....Seijuro forgot about his heart for Kageyama at that moment. He left to his room, leaving the other in shock and in sadness.

And he regretted it instantly.

The moment he sat down on his bed, he felt droplets from his eyes. He's never cried like that before. Never. He felt like he wanted to throw everything, including himself, into oblivion.

Seijuro spent the rest of his day trying to read and study his worries away. When dinner came, he barely had an appetite. His brother looked like he had been crying too, and he wanted to punch himself so badly. This only left the parents and caretakers in worry.

The redhead turned off his lamp, ready to sleep. Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door. It creaked open, revealing a raven haired beauty.

"Tobio?" He asked, a little shocked.

"Sei-Oni San, can I please sleep in this room? It's cold in mine..." Kageyama asked quietly.

Seijuro smiled and patted on an empty space next to him on his huge bed.

"I'm sorry, Tobio."

And the chill that haunted the two left.