Best Friends? Best Friends!

Kageyama took a seat by the window at Maji Burger, waiting for his vanilla milkshake. Even though pets weren't allowed in the restaurant, Blueberry had snuck itself onto Kageyama's lap, purring happily.

"Hello Kageyama-kun. Nice to see you again." 

The raven haired boy was startled at the voice in front of him, but then smiled at the figure sitting in front of him.

"Kuroko-san! Nice to you see again too!"

"So how was training camp?" 

"It was fun. I learned a lot and got to go against many strong people. Oh, my order is ready. Let me get it real quick!"

The two chatted for a while after that, and talked about all sorts of topics, including how adorable Blueberry was. Seijuro came a little while later and joined them.

'Tetsuya and Tobio and very similar.' He looked up in thought.

"Sei-Onii-san, you there?"

"Oh, sorry Tobio. What did you say?"

"I was asking how your Basketball team was doing." 

Kuroko smiled inside at their interactions. The Seijuro - sorry,  Akashi, everyone saw was serious, stern, and even a little scary, but with Kageyama, he was warmer and his aura was much lighter.

"Kuroko-san, let's meet again tomorrow!" He waved a goodbye before heading off with his older brother.

"Okay, see you." Kuroko nodded.

The next day, the two saw each other again, this time on their way home from school.

"Kuroko-san! Hello! I got some baked sweet potatoes with me, do you want one?" Kageyama excitedly ran over to his friend.

"Sure, I'll have some." He took the smaller one and took a bite. 

"I'm kind of sad you didn't get any for me." Seijuro appeared behind them, surprising the two. Kageyama, being the pure and kind child he was, immediately apologized and ran to buy one for his brother.

"No no it's fine - and he's gone."

"You should know how he's like. He's your brother after all." Kuroko took another bite of his sweet potato and broke off a small bit to feed to Blueberry.

This routine of theirs continued on for several days before Kageyama decided to bring up something.

"Kuroko-san, you know how people have 'best friends' that they talk to everyday, what about us? We see each other everyday, do you think we can be?"

Kuroko stopped in his tracks and looked at the sky, then at his friend. "Sure, why not. Best friends?"

Kageyama beamed. "Best friends!"