Cats!

Kageyama stared intensely at the feline in front of him. The cat didn't run away, but it took several small steps around him. That was, until the raven haired boy crouched down to the kitten's level and made eye contact with it. 

The kitten jumped at first, scared of the human that had appeared in front of him. However, after moving a little closer to it, it noticed how harmless Kageyama actually was. 

It tapped it's paw on the floor and purred. Kageyama, somehow being able to speak kitten, knew exactly what it was trying to say. He smiled and made the hand signal for "wait", before heading to a nearby shop to buy some tuna. 

When he came back, the kitten was still there, waiting patiently. He opened the can and set it in front of the kitten, who ate it happily. 

"So cute!" Kageyama nervously said. He could really communicate better with animals than people. 

The kitten licked its nose and nuzzled its head against Kageyama's hand, purring before tapping the ground with its paws and leaving. 

'I'll be back!'

Kageyama gave a rare smile and waved it a goodbye. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, the kitten appeared again, at the same time and the same place. Kageyama's blue orbs immediately brightened as he opened another can of tuna and fed the cat while petting it. 

"I didn't notice you had blue eyes....they're so pretty..."

The routine continued until the kitten clung onto Kageyama whenever it could, and of course, Kageyama didn't mind. One day, he went up to Ohira and Seijuro, and finally declared something.

"I want to adopt this kitten!" Kageyama held up the fluffy black feline with excitement.

Ohira clapped her hands, being a cat lover and all. Seijuro also liked cats but....

He had been watching the two interact, and to say the least, he did NOT want the kitten around. At least, when he was around. The kitten could definitely feel the vibes coming from the redhead.

But, being weak to his little brother, he gave in. As long as his brother was happy, he might as well be too.

And thus, the Akashi family had taken in a new member. One that Kageyama and Ohira named "Blueberry". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I interrupt your time on wattpad to show you this beautiful picture of Kageyama Tobio I found on Pinterest.

Seijuro is going to have a  g r e a t  t i m e  when Kageyama grows up :3