Middle School Crisis

Kageyama's first days of middle school were...fun. He would say they were definitely hard to adjust to, but he enjoyed it a lot. He did his best to keep a low profile, not using the last name Akashi. His friends Kunimi and Kindaichi (A/n: Kageyama I'm so sorry ;-;) were with him, so what could go wrong?

His brother, Seijuro, however, had already made a name for himself at school. With his background, top tier grades and stunning looks, no one in the school really came close to him.

Anyways, it was finally time for them to apply at the clubs. Both of them made the tryouts, of course, but Kageyama met an unknown force. One that would be called "Oikawa Toruu". 

The amount of respect he held for this upperclassman was unbelievable. He was good at sports and in studies, and was one of the best setters around. 

"Wow Kageyama, you really admire Oikawa-senpai, don't you?" Kindaichi asked with a smug look on his face.

"Yeah! He's so cool!" Kageyama answered enthusiatically.

"Come on Kindaichi, that kid is wayyyy too pure. Give it up." Kunimi rolled his eyes. 

The three of them laughed together and chatted with each other. Kageyama was happy with this. He was really happy. Suddenly, as if things couldn't get any better with him, he bumped into a certain brunette.

"Oh hey kid! Sorry there. Here's your book. Wait, you're in our volleyball team right?" Oikawa asked with a polite smile.

"Y-Yes!" Kageyama nodded. 

"Well, good luck!" And with that, he was off.

"OH MY GOD KAGEYAMA YOU ACTUALLY TALKED TO HIM!" Kindaichi nearly screamed the second Oikawa left.

Kageyama's face was as read as a tomato. He blushed, and they headed home.

(For you shippers, I'm sorry, but this is just Kageyama's admiration.)

"Kageyama, how was your day?" Seijuro waved to his brother.

"I met someone called Oikawa-senpai! He is really cool, and very skilled! I want to be like him someday, the captain and main setter of the team." Kageyama said in awe.

Seijuro nodded and kept a small smile on his face, but inside, he was cooking up some devious plans.

'I will not lose to that Oikawa-senpai person!'