[70]

"I'm sorry Mr

"I'm sorry Mr.Park, but I'm afraid your daughter has Stockholm syndrome." 

Soomin shut her eyes tightly, a single tear dropping down her flushed cheek. All sounds around her muffled, only the slow beating of her heart invading her head. Her nails dug so deep into the skin of her arm that she felt it going numb. She wanted to fight: debunk the idiotic claim that depicted her favorite people as some sort of monsters. But she just couldn't. She was exhausted.

It had been 3 days. 3 days since she was brought back to the cold mansion in Sunwoo's black SUV. 3 days since her dad wept into her shoulder after holding her so tightly that she felt her soul escape her body. 3 days since she was stripped of her clothes and bathed: robbed of his scent on her skin.

3 days since she lost him.

Soomin felt numb. Nothing less, nothing more, just numb. As if the fire of rage in her heart was being splashed with millions of buckets of water, keeping her in this constant hibernating state.

Her opinion didn't matter. Her feelings didn't matter. Nor did her words. Despite being the supposed victim, no one wanted to listen to what she had to say.

And it would only get worse now that she was falsely diagnosed with this ridiculous disorder.

Being so distraught with her own thoughts, Soomin hadn't even heard the doctor shutting his office door and her father slowly stepping in her direction. She only noticed him as he placed a hand on her shoulder, rubbing it comfortingly.

"Min..." He breathed out, clearly at a loss for words.

'Min... will you be my girlfriend?'

"Don't call me that." Soomin whispered in a plea, another piece of her soul having been shredded off of her just at the mention of that nickname.

"What?"
"Don't call me that, please..." She choked out. "It hurts."

Her father let out a long sigh, soon after kneeling down in front of her shivering body. Now both his hands rested on her shoulders as he tried to make eye contact, but Soomin simply refused to.

"Don't worry. You're starting therapy tomorrow. You're going to get better." He spoke softly.

The girl just scoffed, then looked away.

He was her father. He had gotten his staff to take good care of her from the first second that she came back. He'd visited the greatest doctors and therapists in the nation, trying to figure out how to help his 'shaken up little girl'.

But Soomin couldn't help but hate him. She absolutely hated his guts, she couldn't stand even taking a single look at him. All the longing, the affection or love she used to feel towards him had completely vanished and all she could feel towards him was hatred.

He took her away from her the person she loved most. So she would take away the only living relative he has. 

The old man sighed again, hands sliding off of her shoulders before he got up. He looked desperate, he really did. But Soomin didn't care.

"Come on, let's go home. Ms.Lee has prepared your favorite dishes for dinner." Her father muttered quietly.

And knowing that she had no other option, Soomin got up and followed him out into the parking lot.

She laid there, motionlessly, silently. Despite the room being pitch black, with the exception of the silver shine of the moon sneaking in through the huge windows, Soomin laid there with her eyes open wake.

Everything felt so... foreign, so cold. It was so weird. The bed, despite being handmade just to her liking, with the mattress being perfectly soft and there being the perfect amount of pillows, it still felt uncomfortable. The closet full of beautiful outfits that she used to adore made her sick to the stomach. All of the luxuries she's once enjoyed just didn't feel hers anymore.

No, this didn't feel like home.

Home was where she would wake up surrounded by her friends. Home was where she could endlessly bicker about a game of UNO with the Chinese members. Home was where she was constantly get annoyed at the two little boys that she was so close with. Home was where she could sit in the infirmary for hours, talking about nothing in particular. Home was where she would get her hair braided by the coldest guy she's ever met, along with the warmest one that was such a cutie.

Home is where he is. And he isn't here. This isn't home.

"Oh, Ms.Lee, before I forget." The muffled sound of her father's voice came from behind her, as he was clearly speaking right in front of her door.

"Yes Mr.Park?"
"Make sure to lock Soomin in every night. Only open up in the morning, right before she wakes up. And you and the rest of the staff must keep your eyes on her 24/7. At least until she gets any better."
"Yes sir."

Then, after the sound of her door being locked, it was all silence again.

'This is all your fault Soomin. If you hadn't gone out that night, if you hadn't been so stupidly vulnerable, maybe everything would've been different. You would've never met him, you would've never fallen in love. You would've never become such great friends, such close family, if only you had been a little bit more responsible. Because what has them taking you in led to? Jisung, Chenle, Kun and Donghyuck are already in prison, because of you. Who knows if they've caught any of the other members.'

'This is all your fault, Park Soomin. You've made them suffer. You don't deserve anything anymore.'

The girl curled up into a small ball, a shaky choked sob escaping her lips as tears began uncontrollably sliding down her cheeks.

And in the dark, she cried.

might take another couple of days for another update since I honestly have no idea what to do for the next chapter

and im sorry i guess

:/