[71]

Soomin let out a long, shaky breath

Soomin let out a long, shaky breath. Her body was trembling, but not because of the whizzing air rushing past her ear. No, it was the nerves. As she was somewhere that she'd sworn she'd never go to again.

Swallowing her anxiety down, Soomin's hand went up to ring the dusty doorbell.

It rang.

'For Donghyuck... I have to do this for Donghyuck.'
She thought as she listened to the obnoxiously loud sound appear somewhere from deep inside of the house.

After a mere couple of seconds, the door screeched open. Turning her head, Soomin found there to be a gap only small enough for the person inside to look out with one eye.

"You're not welcome here." The woman's voice threatened in a low tone.

"We need to talk." Soomin stood there with a cold expression whilst staring down at her.

"No we do not." Ms.Song concluded decisively, then attempting to quickly shut the door.

But she wasn't quick enough as Soomin managed to slide her foot in between the gap that was left, not allowing the woman to close the door.

"Why did you do it?" The young girl's voice finally began breaking, the words coming out more like a cry.

Upon looking up, Ms.Song saw the tears beginning to prick at Soomin's eyes.

"Why did you have to tell them? The police? Why did you have to ruin everything, his entire life?!" Soomin began getting extremely emotional, her voice being carried by the wind for the entire street to hear.

After a short, tense silence of the two staring at each other, Ms.Song pulsed her lips together.

"Fine. Come in." She muttered reluctantly.

Despite the room being warm, Soomin felt a cold chill rush down her spine. "You didn't do it?"

"No. No I didn't." Ms.Song let out a long sigh, getting a hold of the floral cup filled with green herbal tea.

"Liar." Soomin mumbled with a hostile expression. "If it wasn't you, then who was it? We didn't meet anyone else."

"How would I know who it was?" The old woman spat out, matching the energy. "I never wanted to get involved with you in the first place." 

Soomin bit down on her bottom lip.

"Right. You wouldn't want my father finding out about you." 

Ms.Song's hand completely paused mid-air, eyes fluttering ever so slightly at the poison-filled words. She audibly swallowed, then put the cup down onto it's designated small plate.

"Excuse me, what?"
"I know everything." Soomin crossed her arms as she leaned back into the couch. "You kidnapped my sister, Aera, when she was merely 3 years old. Of course you wouldn't want my father finding out about your whereabouts. You should've been in jail by now."