XXIX.

"Wait! Profes- I mean Crouch had mentioned that he stopped Lalia last night, sir. She's been missing today," Harry told Dumbledore, who had attempted to have Harry leave to Dumbledore's office. 

"Ah, yes," Dumbledore nodded at the boy. "Point me."

His wand spun before stopping to point at a wardrobe in the room. He and Harry stepped towards the doors. Harry reached out attempting to open it, but it refused to budge.

"Lia? Lia, are you in there?"

There was no reply.

Harry looked back at the old wizard, who calmly waved him away from the wardrobe. Harry took a few steps back, clearing a path for Dumbledore's wand to the piece of furniture.

He waved his wand at the doors and they sprung open at once.

"Lia!" Harry shouted, limping to the girl on the floor. He quickly sat down next to her and began untying her hands.

The girl had been muttering to herself. The hoarseness of her voice sounded as if she was repeating the phrase over and over again. "It's my fault. It's all my fault. I could've saved him. I could've stopped this. It's my fault."

"Lia!" Harry said, in a more forceful voice which broke the girl from repeating her mantra.

The girl was blinking rapidly staring out into the classroom. Her eyes were burning from the bright and sudden light. She finally was able to focus on the figure closest to her.

"H- Harry? But Harry ... I saw ... I saw you die. He - He casted the killing curse at you."

"I blocked it," Harry said, mindlessly. He had freed her wrists and was focusing on her ankles.

"Harry ... Cedric ... is he ... did he," she struggled to say the words to anyone but herself.

"Yeah, he is," Harry whispered back to the girl.

She swallowed the heavy feeling in her throat and nodded. They both stood up and Lalia looked at Professor Dumbledore.

"Hello, Miss Black. I hope you don't mind clearing up what happened."

"Uh ... no, um, course not."

She glanced at Harry who nodded urging her to continue.

"I was in the library but I got sick, I uh...," Lalia was uncomfortable with telling another person about her abilities, but knew it was time for the Professor to know.

"You had a vision," Dumbledore said simply.

"Huh? Um ... yes, but Professor did my dad tell you?"

"No. I had assumed that you were a seer after the event in the Great Hall."

"Oh. Well yes, I am ... a seer, I guess. Anyway, I saw the third task, I saw Harry and Cedric grab the cup, but it was a Portkey, and then I saw ... I saw Cedric ...," Lalia cleared her throat. "So when my vision stopped, I went to go find you, Professor. To warn you about the tournament. But I ran into Professor Moody and he led me here. He's working for - for Voldemort! He told me that he made the cup a Portkey."

"Ah, but he was not Alastor Moody. He was Bartemius Crouch Jr. He had been using Polyjuice Potion." Dumbledore had looked in the direction of a man in a chair. "He admitted to orchestrating Harry's entering in the tournament just before we found you, Miss Black."

Lalia was shocked that the man had not been Moody, but feeling exhausted she merely nodded at the man before her.

"Well, I told him what I saw and he placed the Imperius Curse on me. Trapped me in the wardrobe and used a strong quieting charm on it."